Coffee and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee once or twice a day and haven't noticed it make much of a difference at all.

If you're tracking your calories for the the cream/milk/sugar then you should be fine! If you want to know if it's impacting your losses then try and cut it out for a week or two and see if anything changes.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-4 cups per day. Coffee itself is low calorie, but the issue is what people add to it and higher calorie coffee-like drinks (lattes, mochas, etc.) because people often don't realize how many calories they're adding or consuming.
  • alexandriite
    alexandriite Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Coffee actually speeds up your metabolism - especially black coffee. The stronger the better. For a lower calorie option just go for a teaspoon of coffee, a bit of skimmed milk and honey instead of sugar if u need to sweeten the taste. It won't make you gain weight (I'm a coffee lover and I'm doing fine). If ur into black coffee just opt for that. Or even better scratch the coffee and have some pure green tea
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Coffee actually speeds up your metabolism - especially black coffee. The stronger the better. For a lower calorie option just go for a teaspoon of coffee, a bit of skimmed milk and honey instead of sugar if u need to sweeten the taste. It won't make you gain weight (I'm a coffee lover and I'm doing fine). If ur into black coffee just opt for that. Or even better scratch the coffee and have some pure green tea

Honey is sugar.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    Fit it in your calories and it will have no effect.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My only change was to drink my coffee black now. Hardly any calories at all..

8bm9rxrhbye6.jpg

• cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51lbs and I have always had at least 1 coffee a day with cream and sugar. Sometimes 2, occasionally 3. It just depended how I wished to allot my calories that day. Staying in a caloric deficit is all that matters to losing weight.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    if this was true id have to just deal with being fat FOREVER because there is no way I could give up coffee, iv cut down from around 11 cups a day to just 4 and have cut down from 2 sugars in each mug to having 1 sugar in 2 of them and 2 without.
    but thats only to cut my calories down, not cut my coffee intake

• Alice1118
    Alice1118 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome - I'm having my coffee guilt free today.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You'd have to pry my coffee out of my cold dead hands! I drink two cups a day and I've lost 85 lbs :smiley:
  • JennB629
    JennB629 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can't give up my one cup of coffee every morning! I drink it with French vanilla creamer, no sugar, no Splenda. I have had successful weight loss in the past (2011) while consuming 2-3 cups of coffee a day.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Alice1118 wrote: »
    Did anyone lost a decent amount of weight while still consuming coffee? My biggest vice right now is 1 medium coffee with cream or milk no sugar - it logs in at 90 calories but I was told it slows down weight loss, any experience with it? Thank you

The only thing that slows down weight loss is eating too much. Enjoy your coffee!
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    As long as you're logging the calories, coffee won't matter any more than having an equal amount of calories of anything else.
  • ejb499
    ejb499 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have to have my coffee. I drink 2 big mugs of it in the morning and another early in the evening. I drink it black so 0 calories but you can have it however you like as long as you stay within your goals. I have lost 51lbs so far and going strong!
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options