What fitness watch to get

Options
Hi everyone I'm using a Samsung gear fit that connects to my phone. I really like it but it is starting to have issues. I'm wanting one that connects to mfp and my phone which is a galaxy note edge. And suggestions?

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using the Garmin VivoActive HR and have not one band thing to say about it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RJIpXvHs_Q
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    The FitBit Blaze is a nice fitness watch :) depends what you want it for really and if you want heart rate tracking or just general activity tracking!
  • frankieb1990
    frankieb1990 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit HR and I love it, it syncs with MFP :)
  • Delthalewis76
    Delthalewis76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can u use the fit bit with your phone also
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    I'm currently using the Garmin VivoActive HR and have not one band thing to say about it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RJIpXvHs_Q

Another Garmin Vivoactive HR owner here. Great watch. It's also waterproof, which so far no Fitbit is. I did a TON of research for what I was going to replace my Charge HR with, and what I realized is that the Blaze is just a fancier Charge HR.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Garmin VivoSmart HR, very happy with it and with Garmin's customer support when needed.
  • Delthalewis76
    Options
    Do they connect to mfp?
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Do those have a chest strap for the HRM?
  • sohosocialclub
    sohosocialclub Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like i think. To me the Garmin is best choice if you need the GPS features. Just steps: fitbit
    Heat rate: chest strap or no. Just get one that meets your specific needs.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your price range is plus what you want it to track. If you're looking for something to wear just while you are working out, a HRM with a chest strap may be something to look at (Polar FT4 is one that I've used and it has good reviews) For all the time wear: Fitbits, the Samsung GearFit 2( This is what I have) and Some of the more simple Fitbits are cheap, but they wont track heart rate or sleep. The Fitbit Flex (do they still make that?) is waterproof. The Charge HR and the Blaze will track your heart rate through your wrist. The fitbits will definitely sync with MFP. https://www.fitbit.com/compare <--- If you go to this link, you can select different fitbits to compare their features.
  • Delthalewis76
    Options
    I love my gear fit but can't get it to sync with mfp. :(
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Garmin is great for gps tracking. Polar is great for it's heart rate monitor. Like others have said, depends what you're using it for. If for multi purpose like swimming, running and biking, I'd say Garmin but be aware it's quite pricey. Polar if just gym workout. I use Samsung gear s because I like running outside and need the phone capability in case of emergency. A good affordable in between is TomTom. The gps is close to Garmin with minimal difference. Plus, it has lots of options like custom running training plan with vibration alarm, mp3 player, Bluetooth, heart rate and etc.. Plus, it's half the price of Garmin.