Weight loss during menstruation

Options
LauireMarie86
LauireMarie86 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
How much weight do you typically gain/lose during your cycle?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I'd gain 5 pounds!
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I never lose! typically I stay the same but this month saw a 2lb gain
  • Mariekegetsfit
    Mariekegetsfit Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I never lose during.. So usually I opt for maintaining those days because if I try to keep a deficit I'll just feel more miserable or start binging. I gain between 0 and 5 lbs usually, but the gain completely disappears a few days after. (unless I munched wayyy to much chocolate :wink: )
  • stephaniej2888
    stephaniej2888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I typically gain 2-3 lbs, but once TOM is gone then the weight falls right back off.
  • heyaliwood458
    heyaliwood458 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Im a little abnormal but thought Id share anyways, I always typically lose while on. Ive had my period though last 6 months, so Id be a little distraught if I never lost during that time. (Yes, ive had lots of doctor visits and exams and tests) so when I am on, Im always super focused on not giving into cravings. I do get more bloated so sometimes I maintain for a few weeks.

As far as I know, its very typical to gain a few pounds before or during, then it comes off a few days later and is nothing to worry about :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i gain at least 5 lbs and then lose about 7pm
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Personally?
    Great hunger and retaining of water during premenstrual phase, with good mood, slowing of digestion, I do gain some in these days.

Distinct lack of appetite, often migraine, sleepiness, and I pee and poop like crazy for the first couple of days of the period, everything comes out so I do lose weight, water weight, 6lb swing is not uncommon.

Not much longer for me, in any case.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm down my typical 2 pounds after menses, but it comes back after starting the active pills. It's just water retention for me. I'm maintaining. So, I don't lose after menses anymore. When I was actively losing weight, sometimes, my weight loss would slow the week before and the week ending menses, I would have a 3-4 pound drop. Never any big gains.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    up to 5 pounds when im retaining water. it drops back off.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    I gain about two pounds premenstrually and by a week after my period started have lost that plus an additional two pounds.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I can gain anywhere from 1-5lb in the week before my period. It's usually gone by the 2nd or 3rd day of the period though.
  • jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I gain anywhere between 2 to 4 lbs
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am another weird one, I maintain or lose
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I might gain 1 pound or maintain in the week leading up to it, and then lose 0.5-1.5lbs during.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i can be up 2-5 pounds in the week before / during, usually peaking 2 days before - 2 days into the cycle. this month it snuck up on me (today) a few days earlier than i expected and there's only been about 1 pound of fluctuation so far. probably just an off month but i'm hoping that i actually AM bloated and will see the usual whoosh indicating a better loss than i thought i had.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    a few pounds, but it always goes back down towards the end of the week or the next week. Its water weight. Bloating etc.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    For the few days before, I gain 1.5-3.0# usually. Once it's over though, I've generally lost all of the gain plus a little bit more. Every once in a rare while I won't show an official gain at all, since I officially WI once a week.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Maintain or gain. Lose when I'm off.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    About a two pound "gain" for several days, then it goes away again.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Menopausal now, but I used to gain 2 during ovulation, then lose that and more, then gain 3-5 just before my period started and hang on to that until the period was over.