Exercise Videos

Options
How would we log Exercise Videos in our Daily Log? I am a Beginner and have chosen to do a couple simple exercise videos on Youtube. Neither of them fit under Cardio or Strength, so I don't know how I would log this.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Circuit training is a combination of strength & cardio.

Exercise calorie burns are total estimates anyway, so just use something generic & eat back 50-75% of exercise calories (if using MFP numbers). Then adjust calorie burns up or down as your weight loss progresses.

• sweetjend78
    sweetjend78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do you have a way to track your calorie burn; or are you estimating?
    If estimating, I agree with OP.
    I created a workout on MFP with an approximate calorie burn, and I log that. I listed it as cardio even though it is a circuit workout.
  • kjwasmund
    kjwasmund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just log everything under cardio and count the calories. I use a heart monitor to get my # of calories. As long as you are exercising, you're doing fine!
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Burning calories and exercise is actually different for each person. For example a person that is 140 lbs riding a spin bike will not burn as many calories as a person weighing 200lbs. Then there is that perceived exertion level that is different for each person. As it was said you can only estimate. You could try buying a fitness tracker. Get a total of calories burned and make a special entry. By special entry I am saying name it something like Monday wakeup exercise. Do a routine set of exercises Monday maybe an hour long and then record it that way.