Time to start looking after myself

Options
Hello everyone,

Im a 42 year old father of two. I decided it was time to start eating better and hopefully lose some weight. Through a strict regime of several beers and salty snacks per day Ive managed to get myself weighing 236lbs (weighed today at 11 am)

I've felt like I gained some girth, just never realized how much I had gained. 3 years ago I was 210-215.

My goal is to get back to that range by mid November. So starting today I begin my program. I don't think its too ambitious, 20 lbs in 13 weeks thats roughly 1.5 lb per week.

My biggest hurdle is I'm a shift worker and keeping on track with exercise and no post overnight shift binge eating. Lets not forget those delicious ice cold beers.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I wish you all success in your own pursuits.

Any tips, encouragement or friends would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a request, I hope you reach your goal :)
    Anyone can add me, the more the merrier to support and motivate each other :) x
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am also 42 with the love for beers. I would love any pointers to lessen that (I think....).
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I think 20lbs in 13 weeks is possible. MFP is a great tool and has helped me lose 35 lbs, although, it has taken me quite a while. I wasn't in any great rush though. I wish you all the best.
  • gaztonge
    gaztonge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All the best....keep focused on your goals!!!! Add as friend if u want!!
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are in the right place!!
  • MC_JC
    MC_JC Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    As a father of one and also finding what time will do to you when your not paying attention. Added 30 pounds before I noticed what was going on, lost 20 of it so far. 1.5 a week is very doable.
    All feel free to add me.