weight watchers

Options
Is anyone else doing weight watchers???

Replies

• thetrans04
    thetrans04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If so, do you know how many extra points you are suppose to get when you are nursing. I am following the new points plus system and I don't know how many extra to add. Thanks!!!!!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    they have clamped down on the new points system (so people don't give away formula for free, like this lol).....now they don't do a points chart in their take-home materials, when you join and get your weigh-in log book, the computer spits out your current's day weight and your current points for that week......if you're not at the minimum points it will take away points as you lose (or stop nursing, or get older, etc.) and you need to check that little sticker they put in your book each week when you lose....

the old system "i think" added 10 pts per day if you were nursing....

what you can do is join for one week, and then quit going....you also need their calculator, which is about $5 i think to figure new food points.

my aunt does it WW (but she's 90 so I couldn't ask her to ask, might be suspicious lol....so every once in awhile i'll figure my WW points just to see if it's on target w/ them too (i'm usually below on pts)...I am the lowest points possible because I'm short and 20 lbs from goal so my points will never go lower according to their system....
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It used to be 10, but that may have changed. You can find free points plus calculators online if you need and there are also free apps for smart phones. I like the new points system. I'm not doing a very good job of following it right now though... or any plan for that matter! How old is your baby? I have a 5 month old!
  • thetrans04
    thetrans04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, I actually have four kiddos :) My youngest is 7 weeks old. I have two girls and two boys. I always started out 10 pounds heavier every time I got pregnant so now that we are done having kids I am DETERMINED to get all of this weight back off. I have been doing weight watchers for 4 weeks today....and lost 15 pounds so far :) I would LOVE to weigh 145 again. I'm at 188. I got up to 224 at the end of my pregnancy and after I got stuck at 203 :( I just found this site and I LOVE it. I'm just trying to figure everything out :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My mom is on weight watchers and loves it!! she originally joined just to learn how to eat healthy, she never needed to loose weight. But when she was going through the program she lost over 60 pounds. She got guys at the mall hitting on her (id never thought id see the day that happen) then my dad started taking her on cruises. I got one hot mom. lol
  • balletpointe
    balletpointe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep just joined 7/8 weeks ago. I'm looking for others things to help and found this site.
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am on Weight Watchers as well
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I am also on WW, but have been struggling with the new Points Plus program so several people suggested I track calories as well and recommended this site.