Remaining calories confusion....?

Options
My daily calories is at 1200 and when I exercise and burn 400 calories it adds to my remaining calories (1600). If I'm looking to lose weight, should I eat those calories? It makes sense that I would have to eat more to fuel my body, but I need a deficit of about 500. Does that mean that my net should be -500?! I have no idea how to record everything and how it works...
Any advice would be great!!! I want to make sure I'm doing this right!

Replies

• bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    MFP builds a deficit in, so eat those calories.
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've been eating my exercise calories and been losing weight. I don't normally eat ALL, leave atleast 100 just incase if the calories aren't correct
  • caseyla12
    caseyla12 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks so much! That's exactly the answer I was looking for! :)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    1200 is with the 500 deficit. To maintain, you'd need to eat 1700. So, if you burn 400 calories, technically you should eat them back to maintain a 1 lb a week loss.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    What do you do if you are under your goal excluding exercise calories and you just don't feel like you can eat anymore??? I don't want to eat too little and not lose (I have to far to go), but I feel like I'm stuffed.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you can't eat snack on something with a high caloric density like almonds or some other nut.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I knew I wanted to pick up some nuts at the store today, and I just didn't do it. Will have to stock up.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    Measure them carefully though.