OTEP
    Amon Amarth
    Acid Bath
    Gojira
    white zombie
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    FFDP has really driving music that keeps me going. Otep too.
  • hali1
    hali1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Amon Amarth is fantastic. Slipknot's Iowa was (for a while) my go-to for the treadmill but I haven't dug that out in ages. Vader and Behemoth. Anthrax. Crowbar. Lately though most of my workouts have been outside and I don't listen to anything but birds, bugs, and traffic.

And I don't work out to him, but holy cow, that Billy Idol. *swoon* my guitarist does a lip curl exactly like his and it makes me crazy.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Rage against the Machine, Disturbed, Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica
  • brianbgboy
    brianbgboy Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Slipknot, korn and avenged sevenfold. On heavy lifting days it's lamb of God.
  • DrowningInAbyss
    DrowningInAbyss Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mushroomhead <3
  • hali1
    hali1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hali1 wrote: »
    Amon Amarth is fantastic. Slipknot's Iowa was (for a while) my go-to for the treadmill but I haven't dug that out in ages. Vader and Behemoth. Anthrax. Crowbar. Lately though most of my workouts have been outside and I don't listen to anything but birds, bugs, and traffic.

And I don't work out to him, but holy cow, that Billy Idol. *swoon* my guitarist does a lip curl exactly like his and it makes me crazy.

Give us a pic of that lip curl! Damm it! Could ya? :smiley:

Lol... If I can get a pic I will share! It's easy to get him to do it, I know just how to annoy him, but getting a picture quick enough would be the challenge. He'll do it sometimes on stage but we have no shows coming up, plus obviously then I'd have my hands full.

Back to the music though, I used to have an mp3 player just for the gym. It had (mostly) Vader, Vore, Behemoth, Rotting Christ, Dew-Scented, My Dying Bride, Vesania, and November's Doom. Plus a few local bands ya'll have never heard of. That thing did wonders for my motivation. Not the most consistent tempo-wise, but seriously, every song on there just killed.

• Mdistler92
    Mdistler92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Disturbed gets me hype as hell. Also love Metallica, Megadeth, and Lamb of God.
  • TestNamePleaseIgnore
    TestNamePleaseIgnore Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Alice In Chains, Disturbed, FFDP,
  • fat2fitbunana
    fat2fitbunana Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pantera...Rob Zombie
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Five finger death punch, fort minor, Hollywood undead, avenged sevenfold
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hatebreed - for the lyrics as much as the music. It's awesome when you're about to fail on your last rep and you get a blast of motivation from Jamey Jasta!

Slayer - no explanation needed.

Cannibal Corpse - See Slayer.
  • damienrankin
    damienrankin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Walls of Jericho, Madball, Obituary, Born from Pain, Carcass, Between the buried and me, Dark Funeral, Cradle of Filth, Fear Factory, King Parrot, Nails, Napalm Death, Municipal Waste, Sepultura, Pantera
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hardcore ftw.

Agnostic Front
    Killing Time
    Sick of it All
    Infest
    Terror
    Early Integrity
    One Life Crew
    Ringworm

And when I'm feeling nostalgic the old youth crew stuff comes out. YoT, Bold, Insted, Chain of Strength.

And if anyone has the old Is Ironside (uk) 7" I want to buy it from you.
  • jtegirl
    jtegirl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Not hardcore metal here, but hard rock. I usually just use my hard rock station on Pandora. Lots of FFDP, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Papa Roach, Shinedown, Godsmack, etc.
  • georgebonev862
    georgebonev862 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Heyy,the light stuff- Guns ,Nirvana,Godsmack,Disturbed,Soulfly and more but in gym more like Killswitch Engage,lamb of god,As i lay dying,hatebreed,Parkway Drive..ext.:)
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Heyy,the light stuff- Guns ,Nirvana,Godsmack,Disturbed,Soulfly and more but in gym more like Killswitch Engage,lamb of god,As i lay dying,hatebreed,Parkway Drive..ext.:)

How can you out soulfly and lamb of god/hatebreed/parkway drive in the same sentance... It's not ok