Women looking to lose 50 - 60 pounds

Options
Hey everyone! I'm a 5'8 twenty-something year old woman looking to lose 50 - 60 pounds. In the past, I've successfully lost 20 pounds and kept the bulk of it off for about three years. :)

Unfortunately, I'm a stress eater and have gotten off track in the past year due to the stress of living abroad and work place drama. I'll be returning to the states in a few months, and really want to have already begun losing some of the excess weight by then!

I'm looking for similarly situated people, who are optimistic about the jouney and interested in developing good eating habits. If that's you please send me a friend request or reply to this post. Thanks! :)

Replies

• olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also in to lose 54 pounds (I'm down 6 already). I was always very athletic and active since a child but last years I gained weight due to stressful long hours of office job and quitting smoking which led to binge eating. I lost a considerable amount of weight 3 years ago and was on check until last summer. Since last summer I gained too much weight because I worked very long hours and could not exercise at all while I continued eating as if I run 50k per week. This winter it only got worse since I suffered from bronchitis twice and exercise was a no-no.

I got back in track 3 weeks ago, slowly building up an exercise routine and trying to fix my food diary, so far so good. :smile:
  • mandysfinch
    mandysfinch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey im also looking to lose this amount of weight feel free to add me.I have done the same lost it all became a size 8 uk and then back on it went :( but determined to keep it off this time!
  • anydaynow0786
    anydaynow0786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. That was me, last year. I have 60 pounds to lose - I've lost 20 since June but its not easy on your own. Please add me - I can't see anyway to add you. Thanks.
  • jesscutedol
    jesscutedol Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh hi ladies i am also looking forward to losing 101 pounds far I have lost 30 pounds and i have given myself only 3 months to lose this weight. I try to eat high protein food and drink more water but its a real struggle since I tent to not have enough time to do so due to the work that I have.
  • leighdejager55
    leighdejager55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lose 30kg (just over 60 pounds i think). So i would be happy to join. I always struggle find the motivation and then sticking to it. A few years ago i managed to lose quite a bit but somehow over the last year or two i have managed to put it all back on. Joining a gym again and just paying attention to what i eat should hopefully be a step in the right direction...

Good luck! :)
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    To reach my goal of 140 I will be losing 66lbs.
  • kmcpadden1208
    kmcpadden1208 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am working to lose 50lbs as well! Three years ago I lost 40lbs and then I got engaged and then married and I have gotten really complacent. I am really looking for a group to find support and motivation in! My goal is to lose 50lbs by Christmas Day.
  • ebrandsd
    ebrandsd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been looking to loose almost 80lbs, and I've lost 25lbs so far (started in January). It's been a slow, pain staking process. I was loosing weight with a friend and she has since moved on, so I'd definitely am interested in being in touch. I've found it much easier to keep at it with some sort of support group!
  • zenaree
    zenaree Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Also looking to lose about 50 lbs. I have lost about 30 since last October (2015), but still need to lose more. I have health conditions that make it harder, but I'm getting there. Would love to join and have weight loss buddies!
  • HSnyder1984
    HSnyder1984 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to loose 50 pounds! My boyfriend loves to eat and I'm right there with him. Gradually switching out our go to snacks for healthier options.
  • holapearl
    holapearl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Ideally I would like to lose 80lbs but happy to join the 50-60lb group
  • rhonda6375
    rhonda6375 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Feel free to friend me. I want to lose 65lbs. to get to my goal of 140.
  • dbldee72
    dbldee72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 50 lbs to get where i set my first goal of 140. I have been on this journey now for about 3 weeks. I am doing Atkins to try and kick start the weight loss and working with a trainer once a week. Please add me. Need friends that will get my struggles! Thanks, and Good Luck
  • Leslie58AtTheRock
    Leslie58AtTheRock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think I need to join this group as well !!
    My magic number is 59lbs. Recently diagnosed as a diabetic type 2 and soooo tough to limit my carbs AND calories for that matter !!
    Sadly, not a fan of exercise.
    Need MOTIVATION !!
  • My2Pinks
    My2Pinks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am looking to loose 61 lbs to get to my goal of 140 (I have broken it into smaller goals).
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My current goal is not 50 lbs (closer to 30) but I'd love to join!! I was recently diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic and struggle with carbs and motivAtion. I'm having an issue adding friends so feel free to add me!