Iced coffee recipe?!!

Options
2»

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I bought a French press for like $20 on Amazon for the sole purpose of making cold brew. I let it sit over night and then press it before pouring it over ice into my tumbler. I usually add some fat free half n half (some people can't stand fat free, but I honestly don't mind it). I don't need my coffee sweet anymore because it is so smooth, but I imagine you could buy some low cal liquid sweetener to sweeten it!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Cold brew is easy to make. It takes 12 hours though. Take a pitcher, fill with water, pour in the right amount of coffee (you'll have to look that up) wait... Then when it's ready, strain and serve. Beats a $4 cup of starbucks every time for about $0.25 a cup.
  • well_insulated
    well_insulated Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! For an authentic ice coffee (frappee) you'll need 2 spoons of instant coffee powder (i use nescafee), cold water. Mix in blender until you get rich foam. Move to tall glass, add milk (2%) couple of ice cubes and voilá!
    I dont use regular coffee grounds because they contain essential oils that prohibit production of rich
    foam.
    I hope it helps :-)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    For iced coffee, I make cold brew and then serve it over ice with some Fairlife or unsweetened soymilk, and sugar-free Torani syrup(s'mores is my favorite.) For something more like a Frappuccino, I do 1 cup cold brew, 4 ice cubes, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 scoop Quest protein powder (any flavor) , maybe a tsp of sugar-free Torani, and blend until smooth.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Cold brew is easy to make. It takes 12 hours though. Take a pitcher, fill with water, pour in the right amount of coffee (you'll have to look that up) wait... Then when it's ready, strain and serve. Beats a $4 cup of starbucks every time for about $0.25 a cup.

oddly cold-brewed coffee in Starbucks here is £1 more expensive than a standard cup of filter coffee. profiteering much?
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I get iced coffee from Dunkin. I usually get a Medium Caramel Swirl iced coffee with skim and 2 splenda. I always ask for a small cup of ice on the side because I like mine really cold. So I dump out about 3/4 of the coffee and pack the small cup of ice in it. It tastes really amazing and it has about 150cals.

The caramel I get in the iced coffee is sweetened. They have an unsweetened "flavor shot" in caramel flavor too, which would cut about 100 calories off of it....I'm going to try it someday but currently the caramel swirl is my only indulgence so I still drink it :-)
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Or real Greek Frappe, which can be made without sugar or milk for zero calories.
    Just coffee (shaken or mixed , alone or with sugar and a small amount of water to make the foam) then add water, milk if you like and ice.
    It'll look like a glass of Guiness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0QsOOHZ5DA
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    1. Warm some water up to 190 degrees fahrenheit,
    2. put some ice in a pour over container
    3. put the coffee grinds in a pour over funnel
    4. pour the hot water over the coffee grinds
    5. allow to drip into the ice filled container

Pour Iced Coffee into a drinking cup
    drink.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    At home, I pour my chilled or room temperature black brewed coffee over frozen coffee ice cubes and pour in some milk.

Voila!