Paying for MFP

Options
pdm3547
pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
I'm toying with taking out an MFP subscription so I can keep a closer eye on my macros, and to support an organisation that provides a good free version of a helpful tool.

Does anyone else subscribe, and is it worth it?

Replies

• TravisGM92
    TravisGM92 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm also curious...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    In my opinion? No.

The database was created mostly by the users, and as such there are far too many errors in the macronutrient and especially in the micronutrient information.

If i'm going to have to double and triple check everything myself then I can't reasonably rely on the tools they've created to do so.

Just my 2 cents. Why not give it a try and then decide after a month if it's worth it or not? If so, just make sure you're checking absolutely everything or only using verified entries.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I agree with not using the database but I pay for it, 1: to sort my macronutrients by grams, instead of percentages & 2: to keep me from quitting because I dislike, wasting money!
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the premium subscription... I mainly got it because I wanted to be able to set my macro goals by gram, and also to be able to see my macro breakdown by meal quickly and easily... I think it's worth it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    No thanks... The main part of this site is the database and that is full of errors. I will not pay for something so error ridden.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    There's no need to pay when the free version does all it needs to imo
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I think a trial for a month is the way to go. I'll try it and report back!
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I really like the paid version for the following reasons:
    Recording exercise without it giving me extra calories
    Set different calorie goals for different days
    Macro goals by gram
    Export data to csv
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I signed up to try it because I liked having my settings/goals set by days- scheduled lift days-vs cardio days have different calorie/macro goals than non-lift days/weekends etc. I like seeing it in grams also.

It all depends if its a splurge you wont really miss and what your needs are.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I really like the paid version for the following reasons:
    Recording exercise without it giving me extra calories
    Set different calorie goals for different days
    Macro goals by gram
    Export data to csv

Yup, all of those, plus one more:
    Using MFP I've dropped 130 lb so far and am in the best shape of my life. Totally happy helping their business just because it's the best money I've ever spent.

Nice! Even Premium is way, way cheaper than any other weight loss plan out there.