Trouble starting the plan...

Options
Hey everyone! I've been a MFP member for a while and this is my first post. So here's the deal. I've always been around 180-199 my entire high school time. When I went to college I started running and eating right and doing yoga... I lost down to 135. I was happy, i felt confident and just full of energy. Then I gain back over the course of two years and diagnosed with PCOS. Well, back on the running and yoga and eating right and lost back to 140. Super happy. Then I got pregnant and with preeclampsia and terrible BP, I was out on bed rest the last 3 months of pregnancy.

So, that long story just to say this... I'm 185, unhappy, no confidence and I can't seem to muster the energy or motivation to start my workout plan. I've made a really good one and Its amazing. If I could just find the courage or push to actually start. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Replies

• lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I had a similar situation, up and down on weight, last pregnancy, preeclampsia, high bp and throw in some spinal issues and nerve damage. For years I said "I gotta lose the weight " and tried MANY DIETS and fads. One day I gave up cream and sugar in my coffee (since I drink so much of it those calories add up) That was 1 small sustainable change. Make just 1 small sustainable change for you, then another etc. As far as activity, that too, take it slow and build from that. I promise you, activity begets energy. Not every day is perfect, and that's okay. It took a while but I'm 5lbs away from goal.
    Good luck!
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey, Whats Your Nutrition Like When You Dropped All The Weight The First Few Times? Were You Dropping Calories Really Low? Reason I Ask Is Because Yes, We Lose Weight By Drastically Dropping Calories, But It Almost Always Comes Back As Soon As You Ease Off And Become Comfortable. Weight Loss Should BE Slow And Steady, And Any Quick Fix Will Rebound.. I Know You've Mentioned Setbacks, Which Are Uncontrollable, But If You Dieted Down Aggressively, That May Be A Culprit. If Not, Than You Just Need To Get Started, Thats The Hardest Part! Find Some Like Minded People That Share Your Goals And Surround Yourself With Them :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,105 Member
    Options
    So, don't worry about working out right now, instead, seek to get your calories eaten under control. I would suggest starting at no more than a 1 pound per week goal.