Difficult to find a low cal eating plan.

Options
Hi

Can anyone please tell me where i can find a meal plan that consists of 1100 calories a day or any advice from anyone on their own low calorie eating plan. i'm looking for something low in carbs and something quick and easy to make. What is the maximum amount of carbs that i should eat a day? like 100 or 150 ect. ?

Thanx:ohwell:

Replies

• MoniQ
    MoniQ Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi

Can anyone please tell me where i can find a meal plan that consists of 1100 calories a day or any advice from anyone on their own low calorie eating plan. i'm looking for something low in carbs and something quick and easy to make. What is the maximum amount of carbs that i should eat a day? like 100 or 150 ect. ?

Thanx:ohwell:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy, but you dont look like you need to be on a low cal diet :)
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go any lower than 1,200 cals a day. Just eats lots of fresh, healthy foods. Chicken, fish, fruits and veggies and great! you would be surprised how much you can eat and stay at 1,200 cals when you eat healthy foods!

Good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you don't need a "plan" just eat and log what you eat. follow what MFP says for carbs. You also shouldn't even be considering an 1100 cal a day diet. At your size I'd say don't go any lower than 1400.
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    you don't need a "plan" just eat and log what you eat. follow what MFP says for carbs. You also shouldn't even be considering an 1100 cal a day diet. At your size I'd say don't go any lower than 1400.
    I just looked at your pic close up and I take back what I said. Is that a current photo? If so I think you need to speak to your doctor. Not only do you not need to lose weight, you are very thin, and could stand to gain some. I'm not trying to be rude or funny, I'm really really serious. Please speak to your doctor.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    One of MoniQ's earlier posts says she weighs 53 kg (about 117 lbs).

So, MoniQ, I think you look great... I really don't think you need to lose any more weight though. There really comes a point where losing weight makes you start to look worse. And you may be at that point.

Maybe it's time to learn to maintain your weight and find some other way to improve yourself.
  • MoniQ
    Options
    This photo was taken recently. Up to date ( its been 1o months now) i have lost 16 kg. I still have love handles and my top legs are not very toned. I spoke to a gym instructor and he pointed out areas that he thought i should tone up on.He said i wont see abs under fat. I DONT want to lose weight i just want to tone up on certain areas, ie my top legs, love handles and just stick to a healthy eating plan. I am currently on a 1400 cal a day meal plan but i dont see any changes.

thanx
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to do strength training more than anything else.

I weigh almost 20 lbs more than you do, but I'm very toned from light weight lifting, yoga, pilates, ballet and running.
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    This photo was taken recently. Up to date ( its been 1o months now) i have lost 16 kg. I still have love handles and my top legs are not very toned. I spoke to a gym instructor and he pointed out areas that he thought i should tone up on.He said i wont see abs under fat. I DONT want to lose weight i just want to tone up on certain areas, ie my top legs, love handles and just stick to a healthy eating plan. I am currently on a 1400 cal a day meal plan but i dont see any changes.

thanx

If you're looking to tone, not lose fat, you need to eat a lot more than 1100 cals. You need to be eating maintenance calorie PLUS exercise calories. That way your weight will stay the same. Have your gym instructor show you some exercises that will work to tone you. Swimming, yoga, and weights all do wonders for toning. Lowering your calories will cause fat loss, not muscle gain.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Want a great workout to tone you and help you understand the need for the proper exercises for toning? P90X, or Chalean Extreme from Beachbody.com. It really works. Check WOWY.com for the workout groups and see for yourself the results. Lower cal. intake burns away your muscle, doesn't make you look thinner and more toned, makes you look wasted away. Pick up Oxygen or Women's Health Magazines. There FULL of knowledge!:flowerforyou:
  • MoniQ
    Options
    Thanks so much. i am currently doing weights but not light, the gym instructor said that women shouldnt be scared of heavy weights. I lift 5kg in each arm. I think i am probably focussing more on my upper body than toning the rest. i do cardio 3 times a week and weights twice a week. Thanks so much for the advice. I think i shoul eat fruit in between as they say that one should eat 5 to 6 times a day.

I usually eat :

Breakfast :
    1/2 cup of muesli with low fat milk
    glass of water

Lunch :
    whole wheat roll with cheese and tomato
    1 protein shake with low fat milk

supper :
    grilled chicken
    oven baked chips
    mixed vegetables
  • MoniQ
    Options
    Want a great workout to tone you and help you understand the need for the proper exercises for toning? P90X, or Chalean Extreme from Beachbody.com. It really works. Check WOWY.com for the workout groups and see for yourself the results. Lower cal. intake burns away your muscle, doesn't make you look thinner and more toned, makes you look wasted away. Pick up Oxygen or Women's Health Magazines. There FULL of knowledge!:flowerforyou:

wow you look great. will check out that site right now. Thanx.
    what is your workout plan/ routine during the week?
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you don't need girly weights! I personally want a strong, useful looking body, not some fragile princess one.

I hate to use the term because it started in the ProAna forums, but my "thinspiration" would be Jillian Michaels. She's hardcore, but not "Aaaaah! Steriods!"
  • MoniQ
    Options
    Jillian Michaels - now that is what i'm talking about. Rather strong and toned than skinny. Going to check out her eating plan.
    Thanx
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Jillian's awesome!

Jillian Michael's eating plan is more about math--calories in vs. calories out. She does have her different oxidizer recommendations, but I think that comes into play more when you're trying to lose weight as opposed to just toning up.

Except for one very important thing:

WHOLE FOODS.

She's HUGE about getting the trans fats, artificial gunk, and preservatives out of your diet. Seriously. Mention high fructose corn syrup and she might eat your ovaries.

So really, once you formulate your calorie intake (I would DEFINITELY say go more than 1100--use MFP's calculator to help you), keep the whole foods thing in mind. If you like to cook, there are some great blogs with delicious recipes for healthy cooking!

http://wholegourmet.blogspot.com/
    http://happyherbivore.com/
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/
    http://www.self.com/fooddiet/blogs/eatlikeme
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Are you also sticking in some healthy snacks in between your meals? You need to be sure to do this, especially to keep your metabolism up for working out. Also, maybe add some fruit or some high protein in with your breakfast.

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • MoniQ
    Options
    Thanx so much Phoenix those sites that you mentioned are great. No i definately dont want to lose weight just tone up a bit on certain areas. I went on you tube and saw some great videos from Zuzana ( fitness model ).

I never really eat fruit during the day but i'm going to start adding a fruit or two to my meal plan and eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. I like quick and easy meals for someone like me who is on the go all day. The MFP has alot of foods that are new to me as i am from South Africa and we dont have most of the products. Thanx so much for posting those sites.
    i just want to know if i should eat my lunch before i go to gym or after?
  • kchabby76
    Options
    Check out Stumptuous.com. Great information from a lot of different sources for weight lifting and nutrition. This is how I work out; and I never get bored and love how it makes me feel.

FYI: No matter what your trainer said, you CANNOT "spot" train. Weight loss is universal; so if you lose fat in the thighs; you'll lose fat in your stomach.

You should stick to building muscle throughout your body and always work in a major muscle group each time, like your leg muscles and abs. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn and the more you can eat! The more you eat, the more muscle you can build!

Fat never really goes away, it just shrinks.
  • kchabby76
    Options
    On eating your lunch: If eating before makes you feel stronger then you should eat first. But, for me it makes doing cardio harder as my stomach is full. It all depends on how you feel.
  • MoniQ
    Options
    Check out Stumptuous.com. Great information from a lot of different sources for weight lifting and nutrition. This is how I work out; and I never get bored and love how it makes me feel.

FYI: No matter what your trainer said, you CANNOT "spot" train. Weight loss is universal; so if you lose fat in the thighs; you'll lose fat in your stomach.

You should stick to building muscle throughout your body and always work in a major muscle group each time, like your leg muscles and abs. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn and the more you can eat! The more you eat, the more muscle you can build!

Fat never really goes away, it just shrinks.

Hi Kchabby
    Good Morning ( from my side of the world )

I just went to Stumptuous.com, i must say that she has good advice and i learnt alot more than i thought i knew.Its so confusing with all these sites on how to build muscle mass - everyone has a different lifestyle and healthy plan they go about. Most days i usually 1200 - 1300 calories and i'm more than satisfied but i think i might have to push it up a bit.
    Do you think i should eat more protein? The only meat ( protein ) i have eaten for a while is chicken.

Thanx