Venting

Options
So I'm single again after a 3 year relationship after he chose his business over our relationship. Guess it's time to get my act together and work on myself. Still thinking of becoming a crazy cat lady. So mych easier and less stress.

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    As much as I'm not a cat fan, sometimes they are preferable to men!!!
  • littefish2018
    littefish2018 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I started self medicating with pilates videos to get through the rough patches, I know it sounds weird but it works for me! Good luck!!!
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your recent break-up and of course some people do indeed find that being single is better for them but I would only caution you to not paint all men as being the same; it would be a shame to overlook a diamond simply because it hasn't been polished.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    In a way consider yourself lucky. Better you found out now then a couple years down the road it save you a lot of stress aggravation and crying. You summed it up perfectly work on yourself that's the most important thing. In my opinion it's really very important to like yourself first and where you are in life you'll find it's a lot easier meeting people cause they sense a confidence in you.

In my opinion a girl who likes herself verses being conceited and self-absorbed which are two different things is very sexy. And one last thing cats are less loyal than men. Get a dog
  • Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Angelajeanmcmahan85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lol I love cats n I love this thread!! Sorry to hear your going through some tough stuff but in the end you always get what ya need. Being single or being taken always has its pros n cons! But having a cat can make for a real friendship if you are social and playful towards your kitty;) I am a crazy cat lady... n dog lady!! I love animals!
  • Damien_K
    Damien_K Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the singles club. I recently joined as well.
  • Moonlitriver17
    Moonlitriver17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of cats. Very loving, happy home. Have been single for over a year, and decided to work on myself before considering dating again.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    You BROKE up because he was too busy in his BUSINESS???????????? Business don't become successful by sitting at home and eating pop-corns with your girlfriend. Your loss.

But money doesn't keep you warm at night. Money doesn't keep you company. Money doesn't love you, Money doesn't have a shoulder to cry on. . .

Not her loss. If he cares more about the dollar signs than a woman's love. Then he isn't worthy of a lady's love....
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry hon. At some point you will find a man who puts YOU as the first priority! Meanwhile, a couple of sweet kittens will definitely enhance your life... now just hear me out; in the future, this will help you choose decent men. Men who don't like your cats can instantly be eliminated. Good people are kind to animals. A cat is a forever cat... some people will ditch their pets over someone else not liking them. MAJOR peeve! Love your cats forever and they will love you forever. I say this as a happily married woman. :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    crazy_cat_graph_frosted_glass_coffee_mug-r8af9eb193e9945089269c7a2614fcff2_x7j5b_8byvr_324.jpg

You just need to find a person whose crazy level matches your own. I'm happy with my husband. You don't think we're sane, do you? ;) Nah, no one on MFP thinks I'm sane. Practical maybe, but sane never.