Vacation snack ideas

Options
Labor day weekend we're going to the beach. It's a bit of a drive but I also want to heaved proportioned snacks ready so I'm not tempted to eat junk. Current idea's nuts, oven roasted chickpeas, nut butters, carrots, celery, cucumbers, Hummus, various fruits. Any other ideas?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    protein bars
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    How do you eat now? Seems like you could just keep that up on vacation. I know when I go on vacation I want to eat more junk food, but I realized, thanks to this post, that maybe I was using food as a reward on vacation. Thanks!

As for healthy snacks. I like air popped popcorn and wasabi peas. I think whatever you do, portion control will be more important because it's very easy to over eat while on vacation.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah -
    • no oil wedge fries baked in a oven is very good and easy to make.
    • Mini Peanut Butter and Apple Sandwich Recipe (no bread, that apples take that place)
    • Spicy Baked Chickpeas
    • Raw Rainbow Collard Greens Wrap
    • Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes

http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/delicious-low-calorie-snacks/
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Edamame
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit.
  • purple18194
    purple18194 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes w peanut butter, apples w peanut butter, protein bars, baggies of protein powder so you can just get a bottle of water, pour in, and shake. I travel a lot for work and these are my go-tos
  • Megansmith112712
    Megansmith112712 Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    How do you eat now? Seems like you could just keep that up on vacation. I know when I go on vacation I want to eat more junk food, but I realized, thanks to this post, that maybe I was using food as a reward on vacation. Thanks!

As for healthy snacks. I like air popped popcorn and wasabi peas. I think whatever you do, portion control will be more important because it's very easy to over eat while on vacation.

@cee134 I eat well but lack self control. we're staying with my in-laws and they aren't the most healthy eaters. Last time we were at the beach most of the day. No lunch or whatever we grabbed at the gas station. Breakfast was McDonald's or biscuit and gravy (2 days). And the mostly drink soda, I can't do that again.