Needing YOU

Options
I really need friends who will kick my butt, critique, and basically offer feedback. Also to harass me if i dont log and encourage me for greatness. Please add if this is you.

Replies

• Salem291
    Salem291 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey there .. I'm afraid I have to disagree with you To start your journey u need to encourage and motivate yourself first then friend's motivation will be helpful cuz you will be alone most of the time with lots of temptations, but u already made the first step by being here and I'll be glad to walk with you through that cuz we have the same goals ^_^ sorry for the lecture but I just wanted to say my point of view and welcome to MFP ... feel free to add me
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Salem291 wrote: »
    Hey there .. I'm afraid I have to disagree with you To start your journey u need to encourage and motivate yourself first then friend's motivation will be helpful cuz you will be alone most of the time with lots of temptations, but u already made the first step by being here and I'll be glad to walk with you through that cuz we have the same goals ^_^ sorry for the lecture but I just wanted to say my point of view and welcome to MFP ... feel free to add me

^ or not - everyone is a different person. Im a buttkicking type.

The first step is finding your own personal way of doing things.

Then educate yourself, a great book to start with, almost unanimously in this community, is The New Rules of Lifting for Women - it's not just about weights - it's an overview that will give you a mad advantage.

Then put your plan into action and all along the way - remind yourself that motivation isnt actually necessary. Just commitment and self-discipline. Motivation just makes it easier - but never skip working out or eating right because you arent motivated.

it will just never be a good enough excuse.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Salem291 wrote: »

^ This is actually backasswards.

The first step is finding your own personal way of doing things.

Then educate yourself, a great book to start with, almost unanimously in this community, is The New Rules of Lifting for Women - it's not just about weights - it's an overview that will give you a mad advantage.

Then put your plan into action and all along the way - remind yourself that motivation isnt actually necessary. Just commitment and self-discipline. Motivation just makes it easier - but never skip working out or eating right because you arent motivated.

it will just never be a good enough excuse.

Agree...it's less about motivation, which waxes & wanes with the moon it seems, & more about setting yourself up to succeed with appropriate food available & just getting up every day & doing the damn thing until it's 2nd nature.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    for the mods that are stalking me, i removed that line about the previous advice being backwards, so if you ban me for that BS, i did try removing it, thanks anyway.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like!
  • ptitscargot
    ptitscargot Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can be this person!