If every day were like today... You'd weigh XXX lbs in 5 w

Options
DustinReiner
DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
Does anyone keep track of what it says........besides me?

It's actually pretty close, off by 4Lbs. usually.

Every now and then I'll get a hiccup day, like when I take a day off from the gym. But generally it's pretty close.

Replies

• Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I hope it's right! I get some pretty sweet numbers there from time to time. I really like that feature. I find it very motivating.
  • trailrider95
    Options
    I haven't been lucky enough to see it matching :(
  • Jenfur79
    Jenfur79 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started using MFP and would LOVE if those numbers were correct in 5 weeks! So we will see :)
  • Finney88
    Finney88 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I've had it say different amounts everyday, up and down. I'm not sure it's entirely on the ball because it varies so.
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think that's my favorite feature. Especially after a weigh in and you get to see the new numbers.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to it, but haven't kept track of it--yet.
  • knyholm
    knyholm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I find it motivational. It helps me to see that I can still lose weight, even when I have a bad day (like today!) And I get excited when the number is lower than my goal for 5 weeks.

~Kristen

P.S. I love your profile picture!
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    they question iss...do you keep everyday like that dayyy or some days are high or 2 loww
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    Yup I do, though my fluctuates so much day to day (usually within 5 pounds) so I'm not so sure if it matches or not.
  • Myra73
    Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start copying it into my food notes or something. The only thing is, I am not very consistent. Some days, it says I'll lose 6 lbs in 5 weeks, sometimes it says 2 (well, doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened on THOSE days, lol) Anyway, I'll track it!
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    I keep track of it, too. I think it's very motivational! And for the most part, it's been pretty accurate for me, within a few pounds. Personally, I use those numbers as mini-goals to keep myself on track. :smile:
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I really need to stay on track to see if it works for me. I really do like that motivating feature!!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I Just started I'm on week 4 right now so I'll know next week how accurate.
  • thanish
    thanish Posts: 24
    Options
    From what i have seen, i think it shows up pretty well during the beginning of weight lose where you would have so many punds to lose. But as you progress and when your metabolism starts to adapt and (plateu, various factors) that numbers seems to be off track as that numbers do not consider the natural roadblocks that you would stumble on your weight lose journey.

Anyway it is a good Motivator to push ourselves as many says here. But don't get disappointed if you don't get to the numbers it says in 5 weeks. :-) Good luck !
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I agree with most everyone, I think it is a great motivational tool.

To answer a couple questions. About dieting and working out, I've worked out for years. (You can read my bio if you want to see why I'm here.......or not!)
    I'm anal about it and I have a multi page spreadsheet, dissecting both my diet and my workouts. So yea, I keep records good(prodomently) and the bad(I use it to learn from my mistakes).

It's not spot on, or concurrent, it doesn't count down a pound at a time. It's a couple pounds off every day and fluctuates about 4 pounds throughout the week. But generally it's a couple pounds off. Close enough for me, and motivational as well.

For the people that just started dieting and MFP, you'll need to give it about 7 to 10 weeks to really be able to notice anything. It takes your body sometime to realize it's on diet mode, instead of just missing meals. Seriously your body will take some time to get used to being deprived of as much food as it had been getting.

Don't get frustrated, keep with it, stick with the game plan and YOU WILL SEE A CHANGE! I promise.

Good luck with your goals, good discussion. (IF you want to friend my please do, you can never have to many friends.)
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love that feature, but I never actually pay attention... I also rarely ever eat the same amount daily. It shows some amazing numbers sometimes though, and it motivates me to try twice as hard tomorrow.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I started tracking this about 6 weeks ago and it's pretty close. It varies through the week depending on a higher or lower cal day, but it predicted anywhere between 74 and 74.9 kg 5 weeks ago and today I'm 74.2 :smile:
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I don't buy it at all LOL.
  • jmore85
    jmore85 Posts: 36
    Options
    I love keeping track of it, it's as encouraging as seeing weight loss on the scales
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!