Help! I'm stuck and confused!

Options
LAC73167
LAC73167 Posts: 114 Member
I don't think I'm eating enough calories. I'm at 1200 per day. I'm 5'2 and 190lb. (I've lost 38lbs in the last year.)

I try to get in at least 30 min of cardio every day and am building up to more. Lately my weight loss has slowed (stopped) and I felt dizzy and lightheaded today at work (I did my 30 min of cardio and didn't have time for breakfast)

I usually do eat at least a small breakfast so that may have been the cause of my lightheaded/dizzy day. I just don't know what I'm doing anymore. I'm stuck - any suggestions would be great. :)

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Donuts.

You should not feel dizzy and lightheaded. Try upping your calories by 200 or so for a week. If the dizziness dissipates and you manage to lose a little weight, hooray. I suspect that at your weight and your exercise level, you will continue to lose weight.

What time of day do you exercise? When I do exercise, I do it early in the day before breakfast. I follow that with breakfast. I think that my breakfast tricks my body into thinking that I've replenished the calories it just burned.
  • LAC73167
    Options
    I work out about 30 min after I wake up. I like to get it out of the way
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Is there a possibility that you're diabetic? Or that you have some sort of medical problem (hypo/hyper glycemia, low/high blood pressure, etc. for example)?

As far as maintaining your weight, you are likely eating more than you think you are. At your current height and size that is an acceptable calorie goal and weight loss should be in the 1.9 per week range for you. Considering it is safe to lose 1% of your total body weight per week, 1,200 calories is well within an acceptable range.

I believe some of the fellow users will comment "you're not eating enough! eat more!" or "you can still eat more and lose!". I will go ahead and say that this is not what i would personally recommend to someone in your current situation (where you're maintaining your weight).

"Your BMI is 34.7: or on the high end of Obese Class 1 ranging from 30.0 to 34.9

For your height, a normal weight range would be from 101 to 136 pounds.

People who are overweight or obese are at higher risk for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol."

My opinion? Go to your doctors to get tested and describe the symptoms listed in your OP. Invest in a food scale and tighten up your logging. The likelihood that you are underestimating your calorie intake and overestimating your calorie burns from exercise is high. There is also a high chance that you're dealing with some sort of unresolved medical issue.
  • LAC73167
    Options
    Thank you. I will.