Not Losing Weight and not fitting into my clothes!

Options
I have recently started working out and I have been watching my calorie intake, exercising (cardio) and lifting weight here and there but I have not seen any progress in weight loss and pants that fit two weeks ago are not fitting me now! What am i doing incorrectly? What are some recommendations to change things around?

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    without seeing your food and exercise diary...are u tracking your sodium? Drinking enough water? What kind of exercise are u doing? Another thing is are u eating enough?
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I misread your post, I'm guessing that the pants are now too small (it's what I get for sleep posting). In that case, you need to open your food diary and shed more light on the situation. Another possibility is that the pants have been shrunk. My wife once accused me of shrinking her favorite pair of size 12 jeans in the drier. It turned out that she hadn't washed them in so long that she was now actually a size 16 and had stretched them a long the way.

My guess would be water retention in the muscles due to all of the new strenuous work you are doing. Muscles will retain water under new stress. This will go away in a little time.
  • nh18
    nh18 Posts: 5
    Options
    Instead of seperating cardio from weight lifting, combine them. By working multile muscle groups at the same time, you will burn more calories, and therefore lose more weight. For example, instead of doing just bicep curls, combine a bicep curl with a lunge or squat.
  • Brad4086
    Brad4086 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey,
    I understand your frustration, losing weight is hard and if its not coming off it's easy to get discouraged, but don't give up! The best time to do a cardio work out is in the morning on an empty stomach. If you have to, you can eat a piece of toast, if working out on a empty stomach makes you feel sick. Otherwise make sure you hydrate and those calories you burn will be fat calories. And really watch your sugar intake and sodium intake, cut out bread and soda from your diet(yes diet soda too.)and see if that helps.Good Luck!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    This is the single best thread that applies to your situation. It was (happily) eye-opening to me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?hl=for+people+who+work+out+like+crazy

blessings.
  • ebrow805
    ebrow805 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I typically work out late at night as I am working earlier in the mornings. I will however try your recommendation to working more in the mornings. I also like the idea of combining cardio with other exercises (strength) perhaps I'll try to integrate some of that too. When I look at my food diary what are the things that should be sending up red flags. I know that I have been having quite a bit of proteins and sugars in my diet, what kinds of things should I be eating then?
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    can't see your diary, but if you would like to look at mine, please feel free. Most days I am careful to incorporate lots of fruits and veggies. (You may want to skip back before July 4th -- ha).

blessings.
  • ebrow805
    ebrow805 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    how so i make my diary visible?
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    how so i make my diary visible?

Go to MY HOME
    choose SETTINGS
    choose DIARY SETTINGS
    choose PUBLIC

blessings.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peek..add sodium to your tracker..it can be an eye opener..u can do this!
    Also if u can make sure u are always eating at least 1200, some days are really low..
    Try limiting fast food if u can, its usually loaded with sodium and fat..
    Feel free to friend me if u want :)