just lost my first 12 pounds and some! im excited.

Options

Replies

• Kali_818
    Kali_818 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    B)
  • melissaandemma
    melissaandemma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you should be so proud of yourself and don't let one slip up mess up your mood. it will happen to everyone. stay focused. I've let someone else control my weight loss efforts and I put me in some bad slumps. im ready to take care of me this time.......its my time...............and yours good luck (:
  • Kali_818
    Options
    Ty you so much Melissa :)
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Well done :smile: keep it up!
  • Kali_818
    Options
    Yay thank you pretty lady @ indiacaitlin
  • Kali_818
    Options
    :p
  • Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You have every reason to feel proud of yourself. Any weight loss is better than none when you know you have to loose some of the "excess". I still have a long way to go but I finally reached my 2stone mark last week (13kg). That, for me, was huge. The last time I lost that kind of weight was around 2010 when I was doing weight Watchers. Then things started to go a little bit downhill and my motivation was lacking.

MFP has totally changed my view on food. I still have extremely bad days from time to time but I've not fallen off the band wagon entirely. And I have my PT at the gym to thank for telling me about MFP. I wish I'd known about it years ago too, then maybe I wouldn't be the shape and I size I am now.

Looking to loose half my body weight...I now see it that I'm one fifth of the way there now (I have about 10st to loose all told to be "healthy").

Make yourself little mini goals...they are easier to achieve and they make you feel so proud when you hit the milestone markers. Mini goals on the way to big ones really help.

Feel free to add me. I'm always on MFP.

Good luck on your journey...you can do it
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Kali_818 wrote: »
    Yay thank you pretty lady @ indiacaitlin

You are most welcome! :smiley:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Congratulations so far. Even though you know you weren't bothered by being 400+, you decided to get to a healthier weight. Although when you find out how easy it is to get to 320 you'll be happy to decide to keep going. Keep doing what works.
  • bookwormie
    bookwormie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Losing the first pounds are the hardest, I think, because you start without knowing if you can do it.
  • Kali_818
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses. And yes I've always been a big guy so I so used to it ..but I know I'm still semi young @ 33 I don't think my body can handle all this weight @ 45
  • Kali_818
    Options
    You have every reason to feel proud of yourself. Any weight loss is better than none when you know you have to loose some of the "excess". I still have a long way to go but I finally reached my 2stone mark last week (13kg). That, for me, was huge. The last time I lost that kind of weight was around 2010 when I was doing weight Watchers. Then things started to go a little bit downhill and my motivation was lacking.

MFP has totally changed my view on food. I still have extremely bad days from time to time but I've not fallen off the band wagon entirely. And I have my PT at the gym to thank for telling me about MFP. I wish I'd known about it years ago too, then maybe I wouldn't be the shape and I size I am now.

Looking to loose half my body weight...I now see it that I'm one fifth of the way there now (I have about 10st to loose all told to be "healthy").

Make yourself little mini goals...they are easier to achieve and they make you feel so proud when you hit the milestone markers. Mini goals on the way to big ones really help.

Feel free to add me. I'm always on MFP.

Good luck on your journey...you can do it

I so agree with you, this app had educated me so much, I never really knew what was healthy and what wasn't....maybe just the typical stuff...

Thank you for your kind words also
  • Kali_818
    Options
    :D
  • Kali_818
    Options
    B)
  • Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Incredible!! Keep Pushing!! You got this!
  • FitnessFairy7284
    FitnessFairy7284 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done- 12 pounds is excellent!
  • Kali_818
    Options
    Thank you both :)
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Awesome Awesome job! While that is NOT a small accomplishment - it's a HUGE accomplishment! You can reach your goal. Never give up! #smallthingsarebigthings
  • Kali_818
    Options
    I'm trying thank you I'm down 18 pounds now :)