curb my appetite

Options
Hey everyone,
Anyone know of anything to help curb appetite without the jitters? My body got so used to eating crap whenever I wanted that now my brain thinks i'm hungry when I shouldnt be. I just need something to make me feel full more often.
Oh yes and I manage a bakery cafe and I'm around cookies brownies pastries and bread all day long which doesnt help.
So please share your ideas.......Thanks

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask! I just posted this on my profile earlier today:

TIP: Are you hungry? Maybe you're not. Did you know that our bodies sometime confuses dehydration with hunger? Before reaching for a snack, reach for a cup or two of cold water. Drink it all and wait 20 minutes. If you aren't hungry anymore, you just needed to replenish the water in your body. If you are still hungry, here are a couple things to try: (#1) If you feel you will binge and eat too much, have a filling snack like an apple, banana, Greek yogurt, etc. Wait 20 minutes and see if you are still hungry. It takes your stomach 20 minutes to feel full. You may be surprised that you are no longer hungry or feel the need to snack! (#2) If you feel like snacking but don't really want anything else to eat, go brush your teeth first. I rarely feel like eating after brushing. :)

Good luck!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I like hummus--it's very filling and keeps me full for a long time--I eat mine w/ triscuits, but you could also dip veggies in it. Maybe try garlic hummus--I would think that might make the thought of snacking on sweets unappetizing--garlic and chocolate don't really go together LOL!
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Try to eat more whole grain food items. They make you feel full longer. Works for me!! Good Luck!! :wink: