Smaller Shorts!!!

Options
westbrja
westbrja Posts: 111 Member
I've struggled with my weight my whole entire life. Although the scales have been slow to move lately, I had a great moment while shopping yesterday. I knew my current shorts had gotten to the point of being too big. I could spin them around and put them on and off without unbuttoning them. I didn't realize how big until I hit the dressing room.

So last night my mom took me shopping for my birthday and bought me 3 pairs of shorts. I bought juniors size 13!!!! My old shorts were 17's. I really felt good about this as the scales have not been very kind to me.

I know this seems small, but it's a huge step for me and gives me hope in times of doubt. So I will proudly wear my shorts Friday night while celebrating my birthday :drinker: . Thanks for reading!!

Jaylynn

BTW can anyone tell me what NSV stands for?

Replies

• artist444
    artist444 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling!!! Major congrats to you!!! Just wait until you have to buy even smaller sizes!! Enjoy your birthday!!
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a huge accomplishment! I been there too and I know the feeling! Best reward for loosing weight - new clothes in a smaller size! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    Wow, that's great! It's all about the inches you have shed not the number on the scale. Wear 'em proud!
  • AmandaDrews
    Options
    Non Scale Victory
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    NSV Non scale victory :) What you just had! :)
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Love those smaller sizes!
  • Jazzart
    Jazzart Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    See, I told ya!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job! Keep it up! =]
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    NSV stands for going from size 17 to 13 shorts!!!! :bigsmile:

Congratulations!
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    I don't think that's small at all!! I think that's huge and totally awesome! Good job!
  • westbrja
    Options
    Well here's to a NSV!!! :drinker: :laugh: Thanks everyone!!!
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!
  • kirsteinm
    kirsteinm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love smaller shorts. WTG!!!!
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV!! The other day I was in the hallway of my home (thank goodness....lol) and the shorts I was wearing dropped down around my ankles......I just stood there laughing uncontrollably.....My husband thought it was hilarious!! Needless to say, I don't wear them anymore and today I put on another pair that are getting really big too so I won't be wearing those anywhere but around the house.....lol :flowerforyou:
  • ern82
    ern82 Posts: 3
    Options
    That's awesome congrats!! You're a inspiration for us who get stuck on the numbers on the scale! Keep it up!
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    wonderful!!! very encouraging considering my pants are beginning to hang on me!!!

7275125.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • westbrja
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV!! The other day I was in the hallway of my home (thank goodness....lol) and the shorts I was wearing dropped down around my ankles......I just stood there laughing uncontrollably.....My husband thought it was hilarious!! Needless to say, I don't wear them anymore and today I put on another pair that are getting really big too so I won't be wearing those anywhere but around the house.....lol :flowerforyou:

:laugh:
  • westbrja
    Options
    That's awesome congrats!! You're a inspiration for us who get stuck on the numbers on the scale! Keep it up!

Believe me I've been so disgusted with the numbers on the scales lately. I want to throw them out the window :explode: .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!