Fitness and period

Options
every girl is different and so is their flow, when working out how do u go about it when u get your period? Do u workout less or more or the same? I'm feeling a bit lazy but don't want to let my shark week hinder my progress lol

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I tend to feel really tired and weak coming into my period. I generally take a day off on the heavy day but the rest I still train. Even if I don't train beast mode, at least i'm there lifting things and that's better than nothing!
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Since being on the pill i haven't had any period problems
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Though it's the last thing you probably want to do, walking can actually really help with cramping and bloating...if you can just get moving and suffer through the first few minutes. Walking and ibuprophen and hot baths...and chocolate, lol.
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't suffer from very heavy periods usually so i stick on a deep heat patch and off i go. am doing c210k just now and get a bit antsy if i think i'm going to have to skip a week. not happening people lol, i'll power through.
  • Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my period controls my workouts! The flow dictates if I will vigorously strength train or take a leisure walk. :#
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I generally avoid leg day, and take it a little bit easier. Anytime i get a pretty high heart rate it makes the flow heavier, so i avoid this as well.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Exercise generally helps me feel better during mine so I don't really change anything.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I tend to exercise more during my period as it helps alleviate the pain.
  • minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I myself am anemic and have a very very heavy flow, I have always had issues with feeling tired and weak but I still do my workouts, just maybe not as hard when I'm on my period. I notice my flow actually picks up quite abit while I'm working out so I have to have extra protection....lol
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    minime0424 wrote: »
    I myself am anemic and have a very very heavy flow, I have always had issues with feeling tired and weak but I still do my workouts, just maybe not as hard when I'm on my period. I notice my flow actually picks up quite abit while I'm working out so I have to have extra protection....lol

this is me 100%
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    The only thing I ever changed was when I was swimming regularly. I'd take that week off from the pool & hit the gym. I was always more cranky because I preferred swimming.

I tend to change in the privacy cubicles not in front of my locker but that is about it.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I tend to exercise more...that said it's probably directly related to the fact that I also allow myself a higher calorie count. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I just get on with it - exercise helps relieve any cramping during that time imo.