Replies

• mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    one of my favorate for lunch is chicken salad and crackers or tuna salad
  • pattycake118
    pattycake118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like to make a garden salad and bring one of those small tins of seasoned tuna. The tuna itself is usually 80-110 calories.

A sandwich on light rye bread with lots of greens and some protein, and carrots on the side.

I knew a girl who would bring two hard boiled eggs in her lunch.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I like making sandwiches on a half of one of the Italian sub buns from superstore, and then packing A LOT of fruit and veggies with it. I like to snack throughout the day, so the veggies keep me away from the vending machine, and then I'm not super hungry when I eat my sandwich, so I stay filled up.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Zucchini salad, my favorite(:
  • pictureperfect101
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Hummus and rice crackers. Salad with a hardboiled egg.
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like to make a tuna salad and eat it on celery sticks
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hummus and rice crackers. Salad with a hardboiled egg.

Ooh hardboiled egg. I didn't think of that. Tuna on top of salad is also good.

My specialty is avocado sandwiches. I toast 2 slices of honey wheat bread, smash up half an avocado and put some spices on it, garlic, salt, pepper, then top it with a tomato slice. And I usually eat the rest of the tomato on the side.
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    A salad and pitta bread with herbs and a light cheese spread is lovely.
  • Melba_T
    Melba_T Posts: 4
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave? I like to have an under-400 calorie frozen lunch plus a bunch of fresh vegetables (carrot sticks, etc.).
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Anything with a morocaan style cous cous is nice.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    Cucumbers. Just cucumbers. Slice and put in ziplock bag. That's what I do.:flowerforyou:
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch by far is brown rice cakes with some type of nut butter and a sliced banana on top. Add a side of veggies to it as well. So yummy!
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Make a fritatta/spanish omlette with lots of veggies in it - courgette, peppers, onions are good (Make it without cheese, or use a little low fat cheese if you really want some). Then when its cold slice into wedges and pack into a lunch box with a nice salad too. Yum! :smile:

Louise x
  • sophiejewry
    Options
    Loads of salad - there is hardly any calories in lettuce and cucumber so pile your plate high with that!
    I then add what I fancy.

What works for me is to keep the food in the fridge (I'll use cheese as an example) cut up to measure that work with my calorie counting for example I bought a pack of cheese, 400g, I then chopped it into 50g chunks so I know when I open the fridge that I can have one chunk and it's 50g - easy to log then on myfitness pro. When in fact I've been trying to limit myself to 25g chunks to get my fix but save on the kcals and fat!

This works with most stuff. That way I can add dressing and another item - eg grated cheese, feta, tuna, ham, salami, olives, peppers.. etc and I know that the meal will come in under 200/300 kcals - leaving a decent amount for my evening meal but still filling me up for lunch.

This of course becomes trickier in the winter when you really don't want to be eating salad for lunch.. but then I guess I'll be looking for nice veggy recipes instead then!

Bulk up on veg then add a little of something delicious - works a treat! :)
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    Not sure if you like peppers and spice but this is a good-- low fat-- low sodium lunch.

One can of chicken (or half of can)
    Half of a bell pepper chopped
    One Jalenpeno Chopped
    4 Sticks of Green Onion Sliced
    One Serrano CHopped

Mix together, you can eat with wheat thins or crackers if you would like.

Delish and Filling!