Need help for motivation and ideas

Options
I'm a wife and mother of 3. I work full time and am going back to school, so I have little time to myself. I put my family first on everything and have slowly gained weight. I was shocked when I got on the scale and saw 213 as my weight. I now weigh more than my husband.
I know some of my problems are portion control, eating what my kids don't, and snacks. I'm here on MFP to be serious and make a change so I can be here for my kids in the future. I need help staying connected, motivated, and ideas that can help.

Replies

• startlingtheday
    startlingtheday Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Write down 1. What do you want (be specific)? Ex: lose 20 pounds, get stronger, have a peaceful relationship with food. 2. Why do you want that? Ex: to have more energy, to be more attractive. 3. What are you going to bed to do to get there (again, be specific)? Ex: meal plan, never eat leftovers from your kids, avoid trigger foods, have a small treat 2 days a week, track everything.

Read your list every single morning. ☺
  • startlingtheday
    startlingtheday Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do to get there*
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Meal planning will be your best friend.
    Take it one day at a time.
    Expect setbacks and expect it to be a process.
    Set a realistic goal every week.
    Small changes will be easier to maintain than a big overhaul.

Good luck!!
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Get over the idea that you can't "waste" food. Either lower your kids' portions or learn to just throw it out.

Play with your kids more. Even if it's that stupid Pokémon go . . . get out there & move. Take your kids to a museum & walk around. Exercise doesn't have to formal in a gym. I shopped in a mall for 4 hours last week & logged 1 hour of walking. Doing this will bring you closer to your family too.

best wishes with going back to school. There you can sneak in exercise by parking far away from your classes so you have to walk.