Lost my spark, getting back at it.

Options
Hi everyone!

I was doing really well for almost a year. I had lost almost 25 pounds and was down a size or two. I was ecstatic! But right when I was just a few pounds from one-derland, I stagnated. I tried everything I could think of, but I stayed within 2 pounds for almost 6 months. Around that time work started to really pick up (as it does every summer) and I was travelling a lot, working long hours nowhere near a gym, and eating out a lot. Thankfully I haven't fully spiraled out of control and I think I only gained back a few pounds. But I want to get back at it. I'm just having some trouble getting the momentum going. Hubby and I are hitting the gym tonight and I'm logging more accurately now, but with breaking bad habits and PMS, the urge to snack is near overwhelming. I'm hoping my good habits will come back pretty quickly. Starting with drinking lots of water and cutting out the pop. Here I go!

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Actually.. i bet you lose now because you've basically maintained for a good period of time. I read the body stalls after losing 15 percent of body weight. Then it holds for a long while.. and resets and you start losing. You should be excited.. i bet you get down under 200 easily now. go for it!!!
  • Whitbygramgirl
    Whitbygramgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    whooo hoooo - you sound like you have it all going on! - Keep at it! - It motivates me to motivate others!
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Work On That Consistency And It Will HAppen!
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Actually.. i bet you lose now because you've basically maintained for a good period of time. I read the body stalls after losing 15 percent of body weight. Then it holds for a long while.. and resets and you start losing. You should be excited.. i bet you get down under 200 easily now. go for it!!!

God I hope so! Stalling for 6 months really screwed with my morale and made it hard to keep going. I primarily workout by taking classes and I'm back to Zumba tonight! My favorite instructors left in the spring, so hopefully I like the new ones!