Looking to change my breakfast.

Options
My breakfast is always:
1/2 cup raw oats cooked
100grams activia cherry yogurt
1tsp cinnamon
1 cup frozen raspberries

Im looking to change it as when im done eating it feels like i had turkey dinner now i like it but makes me too bloated.

What did you have today, looking for ideas.

Thanks

Replies

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Today I'm making a very quick egg white omelet with spinach, tomato, fresh basil and mushrooms.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    breakfast is always eggs for me, they're the only thing that keep me fuller for longer.

Poached/ boiled/ scrambled and always on buttered wholemeal toast :smile:
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've been having a bagel recently with faux cream cheese or almond butter, sometimes avocado.
  • tjhovey
    tjhovey Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I was looking to bump up my protein content without too much fat or extra calories, so I experimented with 'protein pancakes'. I used 1/2C of quick oats, 1/2C milk (cow/almond/soy), a scoop of unflavoured protein powder (I use vegan because I can't stand the taste of whey), a TSP of baking powder, pinch of salt, bit of cinnamon and vanilla, and a whole egg. Mixed it all up, and while it looked disgusting (an unappetizing green/grey colour!), it tasted pretty good and had a nice texture. Not something for everyday, but at least a few days a week to mix it up.

Together with coffee (½ TBSP 10% cream & 1 TSP sugar) and a little bit of syrup (applesauce would have been a better choice): 33g of protein, 66g of carbs, and 20g of fat. More importantly for me, it was much later than normal in the morning before I started feeling hungry.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    All I can handle in the morning is a protein shake after the gym, and even that is pushing it some days.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I slowly weaned myself off breakfast because I really wanted to have those calories for a very satisfying evening meal and snack. It took some time and work, but now my body is out of the habit and no longer expects anything in the morning except coffee and water. It also makes life easier, having to think of one less thing to plan, measure, and prepare every morning.
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have an omelet made with one egg and 1/4 of egg whites. I add a bit of red pepper and onion, and put a bit of cheese on top. I have it with turkey bacon or back bacon, or some other form of meat.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Today - Avocado toast with an over easy egg on top
    Tomorrow - Probably a turkey sandwich because I have to use up some turkey in my fridge
    Also, depending on the day and what I have planned, I may not eat breakfast at all. It varies quite a bit for me. I am also not a person that can eat the same thing over and over, so I always change my meals up.
  • raylo1313
    raylo1313 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I slowly weaned myself off breakfast because I really wanted to have those calories for a very satisfying evening meal and snack. It took some time and work, but now my body is out of the habit and no longer expects anything in the morning except coffee and water. It also makes life easier, having to think of one less thing to plan, measure, and prepare every morning.

This is actually a very good plan by not having breakfast. In this way you are "mini-fasting" each day and giving your body a nice rest from digestion. I do this on the weekends. M-F I just eat fruit for breakfast. I realize not everyone can do this, but if you can, try it. You have so much more energy and just plain feel better.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I don't count since I have to eat breakfast as I'm pregnant with #3 and he seems to adore breakfast.

When pregnant, seriously raisin toast like every day with butter. and sometimes an egg with cheese.

Not pregnant 2cups of coffee and maybe some avocado toast. I'm not usually big on breakfast.