Good tasting Protein powder

Looking for a good protein powder to add to things like oatmeal or maybe Greek yogurt.
For anyone who eats these things....I really like the taste of power crunch bars but I hate the taste of quest bars. Idk if that gives you an idea of what I might like? Let me know any suggestions !

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Trutein is the best I ever tasted. Ironically I like the Quest protein powder but not the Quest bars, so there's that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Another vote for Quest and Trutein.

Quest Salted Caramel is my current favorite. I mix it with plain greek yogurt and frozen berries for breakfast pretty much every day.

It's also only 100 calories for 25 grams of protein. I like to get the most protein bang for my calorie buck!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Syntrax Nectar is great, cappuccino my fav, just protein no fat, no carbs and not much sodium
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    jpaulie wrote: »
    Syntrax Nectar is great, cappuccino my fav, just protein no fat, no carbs and not much sodium

That sounds interesting. I just checked the website and I like the idea of the more fruitier flavors as opposed to always chocolate or vanilla, etc.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    I like the Chocorite protein powder for smoothies.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    The only one I can stand is the unflavored whey protein from Jarrow. It doesn't have much taste at all, just a vague milky sweetness, so it works in smoothies, pancakes, yogurt, can be blended into milk, scrambled eggs, latte. I'd rather flavor things myself, it's easy enough to throw a little vanilla and honey in there, or whatever.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited August 2016
    "Pure Protein" Brand Choc or Vanilla powder

If you're looking for bars to toss in your bags etc. "Pure Protein bars" are my go to as well.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Optimum nutrition
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited August 2016
    jpaulie wrote: »

@Jpaulie I've heard a lot of good things about the cappuccino. Have you tried any of the fruit flavors? I was looking for one to have in the afternoon at work so I ordered a pack of the Grab N' Go single serves in Fuzzy Navel. (Edited to add: It's not here yet.)

Ordinarily I use Designer Whey, I have the unflavored and double chocolate which I like a lot. It's a pretty simple but I only really use it to supplement my macros, not for any special kind of recovery or performance enhancement.
  • MamaSooz89129
    MamaSooz89129 Posts: 40 Member
    I like Jarrow unsweetened whey powder because it doesn't taste like anything. I'd rather taste the things I'm putting in the smoothie.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Bluebonnet dual french vanilla
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 81 Member
    Isopure banana cream, and the toasted coconut. Both yummy and I hate the taste of most protein powders
  • rome_411
    rome_411 Posts: 29 Member
    Integrated Solutions Whey Isolate Powder is great. I enjoy both Chocolate and Vanilla. 20 grams of Protein per serving.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited August 2016
    pescience has the best tasting protein I've tried. Can't believe how low in calories it is based on the taste and protein content. So much better than Optimum Nutrition
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited August 2016
    I recommend going to a supplement store and actually tasting them - they should let you sample. The differences can be minor so it's best to determine for yourself. When I bought mine, I went in for a completely different brand than I came out with. I ended up with PVL Iso Gold Chocolate. It has just a tiny bit more fat in it, and it made it feel smoother to drink.

I did still meet my criteria of being lactose free though. Though in hind sight I'm not sure I had to worry about that. Found out later it still has casein in it LOL. Oh well at least my stomach doesn't hurt. And I don't drink enough of it to give me a skin reaction. But I digress...
  • Neverland0102
    Neverland0102 Posts: 1 Member
    If it hasn't been mentioned yet...any of the Beverly International UMP. You can actually just add water and make pudding. It's that yummy! I add it to oatmeal for breakfast...just make the oatmeal with a little more water than usual because it thickens when the protein is added.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Love Optimum Nutrition's Casein protein vanilla, it makes my oatmeal and shakes super thick and works well for baking. My second choice would be Quest Peanut Butter although it is a little pricier.