Healthy snack

Options
Hi
Im tryna lose weight atm ..my diet is pretty clean but i get really hingry in between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and afternoon ..

Could you tell me of some healthy snack which will stop me to binge eat please

Cause apples and fruits don't tend to do much good

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    You could add some nut butter to your apple.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For me, two hard boiled eggs.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Rice cake with some nut butter on it. As for fruit...bananas keep me fuller than berries so I usually have one of those.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    my only advice is to not get too hung up on if it's "clean" or "healthy" since those terms doesn't really mean anything concrete anyways.. focus on your overall goals.

Plan out your day and have something you know you like that you can fit into your calorie/macro limits. If you feel satisfied with something you had, you'll be a lot less likely to binge and you'll see more success in the long run.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Most cases of "hungry" when losing weight are because of trying too hard. How many calories are you eating per day, and what's your height and weight? Binge eating is serious, and it usually come from starving yourself. Be careful.

"Clean" doesn't really work as a description of a diet, nor make any difference. Eat food you like, log it, hit your calorie goal.

Adults shouldn't normally need snacks between meals, and fruit isn't very satisfying on its own. When losing weight, always pair it with some protein and fat - this could be nuts or nut butter, cheese, meat. Eat a variety of vegetables through the day, too, also in combo with fat and protein. And don't eat just this. Have grains, dairy, fat and oils, everything, but in moderate amounts, and log it.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals, but lots of high fiber foods like vegetables and fruits might work. More then just an apple. Also protein will help. Don't forget to drink water, being thirsty can make you feel hungry too.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have 1T of peanut butter and 10 ritz crackers for a snack w/ 16oz of hot, unsweetened herbal tea between breakfast and lunch. It keeps me full until it's time for lunch. After lunch, I'll sometimes crave a bit of sweetness, so I'll have 1 or 2 dark chocolate hershey kisses.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Almonds and some cheese
    Homemade Granola and fruit
    Hummus and Veggies or Pretzels

Basically, like others have said add some healthy fats and proteins. I have found the more "macro balanced" a snack or meal is, the more satisfying.
  • raylo1313
    raylo1313 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein for breakfast. You are not eating enough if you can't make it to lunch. Eat your biggest meals early and eat light at night. But if you do find you need something to snack on, try beef jerky, chewing gum, drink more water. A spoonful of peanut butter (Jif Natural Peanut Butter is a good choice - real ingredients).