Ladies question!!

Options
Who else seems to gain between 2 to 5 pounds water weight during ovulation time??? And how long does it last for you??

Replies

• spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I retain about .5-1.5 lbs of water weight during ovulation and then about 2 days before my period starts I retain about 2lbs of water weight. For me, it usually lasts around 3 days. When I'm ovulating I am Hangry. Like beyond belief, I'm sure that adds to it. I find as long as I truck along like normal, staying within my calorie goals it doesn't make a difference in the long run. Just a blip on the scale.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It actually happens during ovulation and mensus for most women. I think most women only notice the gain around mensus.

It will vary on how long it lasts from person to person. I will actually loose 2 on the stay I start, and gain a couple leading up it. Ovulation weight varies since I am now peri-menopausal.

When you get time, watch this video it is long, but it covers a large part of this (leutil and follicular phases) and its good stuff on this in particular and women and weight loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6846ZTBu08k
  • minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have pretty consistently been gaining about two pounds the week that I am supposed to be fertile, but I never had water weight gain during ovulation until several months after I had my son. I now get water weight gain during ovulation instead of my period lol it's flip flopped lol
  • minime0424
    Options
    I've also noticed that I pee like crazy during my menses which I never used to do either lol. Just crazy how the female body changes after having a child!!
  • minime0424
    Options
    Sorry if TMI for anyone, but do any of you girls "clean out" during your periods??
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    minime0424 wrote: »
    Sorry if TMI for anyone, but do any of you girls "clean out" during your periods??

ummm im not sure what youre talking about but douching is horribly bad for you, if thats what you are talking about.

your body does an amazing job of keeping itself clean and healthy if you treat it right with diet and exercise.
  • minime0424
    Options
    No I was talking about going number two lol I would never douche, because I have heard horror stories
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    pretty sure most people have bowel movements, yes. it is normal for women to have an increase in them during menstruation, i imagine due to the increased fluid retention in the body, 'lubing' everything up.
  • minime0424
    Options
    Well I know everyone has bowel movements, I meant does anyone have an increased amount of bowel movements during their menses. I'm curious merely because I have heard some women have constipation, and some the exact opposite.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    pretty sure most people have bowel movements, yes. it is normal for women to have an increase in them during menstruation, i imagine due to the increased fluid retention in the body, 'lubing' everything up.

Also because you have more muscles cramping in the general area, it causes more frequent BM. It happens to me. It's the only time of the month I can count on not being constipated lol.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I usually gain about 8-10lbs in water weight. I have no idea why so much, but I do. It usually lasts about 1 week prior to 3-5 days after.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I gain 2-3# and it sticks around for 10ish days.

ETA I don't poop more often during Shark Week, but pooping is much easier during that time.
  • blk0110k
    blk0110k Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Shark week....that's awesome. Love it!
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I usually gain around 5lbs the week before my Tom when I'm pmsing. I've had a few where I've even gained close to 8lbs. It usually comes off a few days after the flow starts.