Feeling good! :)

Options
On May 6th I weighed in at my PCP's office at 383lbs. On May 13, I started a 3-month medically supervised diet as an insurance requirement for bariatric surgery.

Today, at the end of 2 months on a 1,500 calorie diet and exercise program, I am down to 359lbs! That's a loss so far of 24lbs!!!!

I'm feeling pretty good. Just wish I could see a difference in my body when I look in the mirror or tell a difference in my clothes! I'm very proud of myself, though, for making this life change that will be required of me after surgery now so it won't be as much of a shock to me afterwards!

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    that's great.....add me as a friend if youd like...id love to encourage!!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
    Do you think that maybe if you are doing it now without surgery you can maybe just follow it through all the way?
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Taking before and after pictures will definitely help with seeing results too!! Good luck on you journey!! Keep up the good work! :)
  • BeautifulShroder
    BeautifulShroder Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about whether or not I need the surgery if I'm doing so well on my own, but then I remember...

This isn't the first time I've lost a significant amount of weight. I've done it several times, actually, but it always comes back on. Plus 10+ lbs for good measure.

The surgery would be a good tool for me to eliminate the hunger factor. I feel like I've been starving for the past 2 months! I'm doing it because I have to, but everyday is a constant struggle to not stuff my face with everything in sight!

I don't think I could follow this diet plan for the rest of my life. The exercise I can do, but this diet is rough.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    With the way things are going in you, I don't think you will still be needing a surgery. When I was reading Women's Health mag, I came across a former contestant of the Biggest Loser who weighed 300+ lb person but now lost more than 100 lbs. and as of this time only has 190 lbs. Although she was eliminated from the show but she still continued her diet and exercise even outside of the camp. I know eating smaller portion sizes is really tough because we are used to eating a lot and it takes a lot of willpower, discipline and determination to do it but after sometime you will get used to it.

But it also depends if your doctor prescribed having a surgery. In this case, it might be better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!