alcohol

Going for a drink tomorrow with some friends, does anyone have any recommendations for low calorie/sugary/carb-heavy drinks. I don't want to be a spoilsport by not having anything to drink but I don't want to waste the effort I will put in in the gym in the morning.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Clear liquors (think vodka, rum, etc) are usually around 70 calories per ounce. If you drink these straight or with a low calorie mixer, you can keep the calorie count pretty low. Red wine is about 120 calories for a standard pour (5 ounces). There are lower calorie beers as well, although I don't generally care for their taste.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    So just drink water or Diet Coke. No one has to know there is no alcohol in it.

Or, you could stop worrying over every little thing and just have fun. Seriously, stop over thinking everything.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Vodka on the rocks with a spanish olive for taste. ~100 calories.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    So glad you've started this post! I've been wondering the same thing :)
  • DamnRod
    DamnRod Posts: 106 Member
    Just drink to the point that its all going to come back up anyway...
  • callumwalker1995
    callumwalker1995 Posts: 389 Member
    I enjoy drinking cider but it is generally really high in calories/sugars
  • cynridge3850
    cynridge3850 Posts: 3 Member
    I usually have a gin with diet tonic; sometimes very good gin on the rocks with a garlic stuffed olive.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I enjoy drinking cider but it is generally really high in calories/sugars

The cider I drink is about 215 calories per pint. You should be able to work one of those in, especially if you're going to the gym that day. You don't have to if you don't think it is worth the calories, but it's an option if that is what you prefer.

If you're going to drink, it should be something you enjoy.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    vodka with soda water and a small splash of anything (lemonade, cranberry, pineapple) is pretty easy on the taste buds and the waist line. or you could shoot tequila (or anything plain) and drink water between forgoing all mixers.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Be very careful with wine. Most places give you way more then 5 oz. You think you are consuming 120 calories but it's probably closer to 200 if they give a generous pour.