Pickles. Good or bad?

Options
I was wondering if pickles are good or bad for you? I noticed on the label is said 0 calories, but it had so much sodium.
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yep. Lotsa sodium in them. If I want one, I eat it - but I make sure I have more water that day.
  • CoolMoonGoddess
    Options
    Good question... I'm not sure really.

I do know pickles are YUMMY!! :bigsmile:

I think in a moderate amount they are just fine....
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I love pickles. I think so long as you don't go over your sodium intake for the day, it should be fine.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i take them as good! look at cals 1st!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    They make low sodium pickles. I eat sugar free/ low sodium. I love eating them. In fact I have 6 jars in my pantry. I eat them as a snack when I have the munchies.
  • WhoaKat
    WhoaKat Posts: 2
    Options
    Just watch your sodium intake for that day, but I don't see too much harm in having a few.
  • Melba_T
    Melba_T Posts: 4
    Options
    SALT CAN BE A GOOD THING!

Salt is not necessarily bad for you. If you don't have high BP and don't have water bloating, eat all the salt you want. In fact in the summer you need more salt to help avoid dehydration. If you don't eat enough salt, water will run right through you instead of hydrating your body.

I suffered for years from LOW blood pressure and dehydration and finally realized salt was the cheap, easy, and delicious solution to my problems. Watch my sodium? Sure thing. I watch to make sure I get enough.

Part of the reason why salt gets a bad rap is because so many salty foods (e.g., potato chips, french fries, cheese, etc.) are very high in fat and calories or are heavily processed junk foods. But if it's salt in a pickle or sprinkled on a carrot, go for it.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    The only weight sodium makes you retain or lose is water weight.

I'm assuming you are trying to lose fat.

Eat a pickle if you want it :)
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I'm not sure. All I know is that I get so bloated after I eat them and my teeth hurt, so I had to cut them out. I do eat those mini cucumbers. :bigsmile:
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    On x-weighted they were saying they were bad... I don't eat them often anyways though....