Nutritional percentages

Options
I need help! Ok, so I set up my nutrients on MFP to be 40% carbs 35% protien and 25% fats. When I put in the percentages MFP said it was 120 gr carbs 105 gr protien and 33 gr fats. So I don't understand on my daily totals, at the bottom, after I input my food it says my goals are 166 gr carbs 145 gr protein and 26 gr fat. They were based on 1200 calorie goal for the day. Why are the total grams different? Just found out I am prediabetic and I am trying to control my carbs but now I don't know which one to go by.

Replies

• helenhair28
    helenhair28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well, Julie answered my question on Facebook MFP group as it was adding exercise to my totals from my Fitbit. But does anyone else know what percentages would be good for nutrients if I am diabetic?
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Do you have a doctor or a dietician? They should be able to tell you how many grams of carbs per day and per meal to try and stay under. I watch my carbs but am not diabetic. Depending on lots of things, how high you blood sugar is, how much you weigh, age etc the number could vary.