Shy

Options
Okay here goes....I been coming here and using the tools for about 6 months and reading a lot of the postings. I wouldn't post anything or reply cuz I'm a bit shy but I guess it's very rude to use the tools and not at least introduce myself since the tools have been a big help for me as well as the encouragement I have gotten from your posts. I have been trying to lose weight for a long time with little to no lasting results. It was so depressing. After crying for so long and spending money I really didn't have on promises that didn't work I finally found something that actually worked for me and have gone from 220 pounds to 180 pounds in 4 months with 20 pounds still to go. I am 5' 5" tall so you can imagine how 220 pounds looked on me. I've taken a little over a month off from losing weight and just did the maintenance plan due to a family emergency but now I am ready to lose the other 20 pounds. I know I should weigh less but 160 pounds is where I feel comfortable.

Replies

• beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wow, you lost 40lbs in 4 months?! Fabulous!
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    so what was it that worked? congrats :D
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations!!!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! Congrats and welcome to the forums! Sometimes its good to put yourself out there, and here is as good a place as any!
  • mzek
    mzek Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow. That IS great. Congratulations and good luck : you've done most of the work, you're nearly there !
    (Hope all is good in the family too though)
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    YAY! YOU ROCK! :flowerforyou:
  • Melba_T
    Melba_T Posts: 4
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss, and for the maintenance, too. Maintenance can be the hardest part to learn, so you know you've got that skill on track!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Thats great,well done to you!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    good for you!
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Thats fantastic - well done!

Louise x
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    well done and welcome back x
  • Patti_Mc
    Patti_Mc Posts: 5
    Options
    I love the quotes. If it hadn't been for God helping me (as he always does) I wouldn't be where I am now.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm shy too (at least in this area of my life). I totally get how hard it is to put yourself out there. I'm obese as well and I'm so glad you shared your story. It is inspiring to me. Kudos for having the sense to go on maintenance and coming back as soon as you did. You've got a recipe for success! :flowerforyou:
  • Patti_Mc
    Patti_Mc Posts: 5
    Options
    I don't know if I can tell what is working for me because I don't want to sound like I am advertising anything. But I can say I no longer spend money buying gimmics that are making the skinny people who sell them rich. I just eat what I want (within the calorie limit for my weight at the time) one day and the next day I eat 20 - 30% of that. If I want to maintain I increase the 20 - 30% to 50%. I don't feel hungry on that day and I have more energy than one could imagine. At first it was hard but then it got easier as I went along. I didn't exercise. I started exercising today by riding my stationary bike for 35 minutes and I feel great. Tomorrow I will hit the free weights.