Dress Sizes and Weight Loss Help

Options
Hello!
I think I'm just looking for other people's success stories or advice. I started at over 300lbs and a size 28/30, I've lost 5 stone and I'm at a size 24. I guess I just feel like I'm not getting any smaller. Does the weight come off more significantly later down the line?

Thank you!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You've dropped /5 stone and 3 dress sizes, that's awesome!!!!

The weight will come off slower and that is fine, you are more likely to stay at a healthy bmi that way and it allows the skin more chance to keep up with the loss.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    If the scale is moving, you're getting smaller.

My experience: Took me 30lbs to go down one size from just moving between 22/24 (US) in jeans. It started moving much more quickly after that. I'd barely have time to wear some smaller clothes before I needed a new size. Right now, 77.5 lbs down I'm in a weird place. Moving from plus sizes to straight sizes. There is a difference in body shape that I'm not quite caught up to. Some 14's are getting big and I can actually fit in a 12 in the same brand, some fit perfectly, some are still too snug. Underwear in 9/1X is falling off, but not all 8/Xl's fit right just yet. Dresses still fit better in a 16, but I think that's because I have a very large chest and I'm taller than average. I'm feeling like I'll be a 14/XL for a bit longer than usual as my body shape changes with loss.

The difference in cuts definitely shows that when we are larger, there is a totally different body type thing going on. I can't buy 14's out of the plus section, only the regulars. IX should still fit if I'm in an XL, but I swim in them. Remember this as you move on. Body shape is making a difference on what sizes you go down to. Size changes will come more quickly for a while, then probably slow down again as you transition into a different body type again.
  • Kphan53196
    Kphan53196 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! My mom felt the same way, but she kept going anyway. We recently looked back at some photos before she'd started dieting and exercising and we were amazed at how different she looks! Often times since you see yourself everyday it will be hard to notice a difference. I'd suggest you utilize the "progress photo" feature here on MFP. Try taking a picture of yourself and looking back at it in a month or two! Good luck. You're doing great! :)
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an incredible loss so far, I'm inspired.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    First of all I want to say congrats on your weight loss, sometimes during our journeys we become so focused on how far we still have to go that we forget to look back at how much we have accomplished. I lost 40 lbs a few years ago I didn't go down my first dress size until I had lost 20 lbs but after the first dress size I practically skipped the next size and went down 2. hang in there you are doing great, keep your eye on your final goal but also take some time to be proud of what you have acomplished.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Try to break your overall goal into mini goals. And measure yourself with a tape measure, write it down and revisit in a month.
    GREAT job on the five stone! Wow!