Emotional Eating

Options
Eating is my go-to coping skill when I'm overwhelmed or anxious or sad or angry. I just got emotionally triggered and after a panic attack and seething anger im trying hard not to go through a drive through. I pick up my nephew and watch him for an hour while his mom gets home from work and here I am trying everything in my power to keep the cravings away even though I'm sitting in the car with him and could find a drive through I'm less than 5 minutes. How do you fight emotional eating?

Replies

• branmcclure85
    branmcclure85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue...& eating when I'm bored
  • corlissr3
    corlissr3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If someone has a good answer I would like to known too. Hobbies don't seem to work or staying busy. :(
  • kickingpounds
    kickingpounds Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have 10ish more minutes before she picks up my nephew and then I have to make the drive home. Past all the fast food.
  • AngeloInTexas
    AngeloInTexas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use to overeat when I was sad or depressed, sucks because I was depressed for a long time and gained a lot of weight. I attached the issue on two fronts, redid my diet and dealt with what was making me depressed, which further helped cure me of emotional eating. Good luck
  • livnminx
    livnminx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I over eat is I am stressed, depressed, bored, angry, sometimes even happy . even worse sometimes I will sabatoge myself and eat the wrong things because I knew I lost 2 or 3 pounds. I am bad a grazing and have a horrible sweet tooth. I found sugar free candy helps or low-fat/low sugar snacks like from special k or fiber one. You are still eating but it is better. Or fruit. Pack some with in your purse or keep some in car too.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My father just died, he raised me by himself and we are very close. I worried a lot about eating out of control as I go through this, particularly since I was not logging through much of it due to logistical issues, but I kept it together food wise. Logging when I could and weighing myself weekly kept it inline

During normal boredom food cravathons, I'll play a game (Civilization V works for me) or read. I think logging EVERYTHING and being aware of what is going on is very helpful.