Back to mfp after gaining all the weight back (and more). Active mfp friends needed, please!

Options
chelseabuns88
chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
edited August 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I originally lost over 60lbs on mfp, but it's crept back on - here's my story and and a plea for a bit of support to get my head back in the game!

I'm 5'10 and weigh 290lbs (that hurt to type). (And I'll be 28 on Friday!!)

I weighed 207 at my lowest, then I went through a particularly bad time; basically everything that could go wrong in life, went wrong. I don't want to bum anyone out, but it was horrendous and so I turned to my one true love, food. I've ALWAYS been a comfort eater, when I'm stressed/depressed/ill, all I want to do is eat, then I go through the guilt and self-loathing and I eat a bit more. I also eat when I'm happy, because food is pleasurable! So I have a messed up relationship with food, clearly.

I also have a messed up relationship with my body. 83lbs ago, I didn't think I looked any different. I can only see it when I compare pictures side by side.. I only realised how bad it was when I cleared out my wardrobe and tried things on that just simply did not fit anymore. I was shocked, I immediately bought some new scales, weighed myself and I was in absolute disbelief. How is it possible to be that out of synch with yourself?

Anyway, now my life is back on track and I have some exciting things planned, I need to sort my body out.

Last time I was here I went a bit too obsessive, religiously weighing everything I ate, depriving myself and driving myself a little nutty- I'm definitely here for more of a fitness focused journey than a weight loss one, that'll just be a beneficial side effect/motivator.

Anyway, that's me! If you've got a 100+ goal, or a similar frame of mind, be my friend

Replies

• tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I lost 50-60 with mfp then gained back 100lbs, I have 20 or so left to lose, currently back to where I was pre-gaining it all back. Feel free to add me :)
  • danelle27
    danelle27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me! I lost done to 149 now back at 175.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @chelseabuns88

Your tale is very familiar to me. I don't know how you will choose to go about it this time, but maybe it will help a little to hear someone else's plan. First, I have to be a bit obsessive about logging at least until I am further along, partly because it makes me think twice...do I really want to have to log that 1/4 donut I ate in the break room at work? Or would I rather just pass it up? Second, if I actually do want to have a donut, I plan it into my day so that it is part of my planned intake and not an "extra". And third, this time around I am eating the same foods I plan to eat the rest of my life...mostly pretty healthy but still allowing the goodies from time to time...this is my chance to finally learn what a "serving" of chips or ice cream is...and that's where the kitchen scale comes in. No more guilty, furtive eating...it's all part of my logged plan. Finally, I am trying to rememeber to chew gum or brush my teeth when I am done with food for the day.

Good luck on your journey!
  • bkind2nmals
    bkind2nmals Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I AM A LOT OLDER THAN MOSST PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, BUT WOULD LOVE OTHER ACTIVE FRIENDS BECAUSE I PLAN TO USE THIS TOOL IN MY 50 POUND WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY (sorry about caps!!) :)