Looking for Smoothie recipes

Options
HEY GUYS-- I just got a single serving blender for my birthday and I'm looking for good, healthy, filling recipes for smoothies to make. I have been juicing for a few months so I need ideas of what to add/what fruits and veggies are good to blend instead of juice or ANY ADVICE AT ALL.

Can you tell I'm excited to BLEND THINGS!? I am :)

Replies

• ScorpioDiva81
    ScorpioDiva81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to see what recipes are posted. I've tried to make smoothies using the greek yogurt. I hated them. I now use the jamba juice premade smoothies.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Well, mine is pretty straight forward. I'm sure you'll get other more exciting responses. I always do:

4oz low fat greek yogurt
    1cup non fat milk
    5 or 6 ice cubes
    and your choice of frozen fruit

My favorite is pretty simple...I use this recipe plus one fresh banana and about a cup of frozen strawberries.

Also, get yourself some straws. It may be silly but they're much more fun to drink that way. :happy:
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I *JUST* saw someone post this great list of smoothies from Runner's World...I bookmarked it for my breakfasts:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-301--13654-0,00.html?cm_mmc=TrainingExtra_NL-_-635118-_-07072011-_-DIY Smoothies

Enjoy that new blender!
  • GottaDoSomething
    GottaDoSomething Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello:-)

If you like coffee and chocolate, I've got a great recipe for you:

Fill your mug 1/2 to 2/3 full of ice, then add:
    Torani - Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup, 2 TBS
    Cocoa - Dry powder, unsweetened, 2 tbsp
    Wholesome Sweeteners - Organic Blue Agave, 2 Tbsp
    Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze - Refrigerated Vanilla Unsweetened, 0.5 cup
    Nestle Coffeemate Fat Free Original - Creamer, 1 tbsp
    Folgers - Classic Roast Instant Coffee Crystals, 3 tsp
    Fage - Greek Yogurt Total 0% Non-Fat, 0.5 cup

Total calories per serving : 246
    Carbs - 50 grams
    Fat - 3 grams
    Protein - 15 grams

I know this is a lot of carbs, but I drink this every morning with a couple glasses of water, and because of the protein, it keeps me full until I eat lunch. I use the basic recipe of ice, greek yogurt, creamer, and almond milk, then add all kinds of other stuff to it to get different flavors. (Take basic recipe, add Weight Watchers Key Lime pie, 2 full graham crackers, lime juice, and possibly more milk to fill themug - yum!)

Good luck!
  • jenwarship
    jenwarship Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use this delicious recipe from this blog: http://shesingsatthetable.com/2011/06/20/smoothies-and-happy-thoughts/

I usually put some spinach in my smoothies now (you really can't taste it!) and either use banana or avocado to "smooth" them. With the addition of banana or avocado, I find that I do not need yogurt. I also like to put in frozen peaches or mango chunks. Really, any fruits you have on hand! Kale is also good in smoothies. And don't forget about herbs! Ginger, basil, mint...all great additions to make them taste great.

I also love a ginger peach smoothie:
    1 c. frozen peaches
    1/4-1/2 cup almond milk (or other milk or juice)
    Grated ginger to taste (or dry powdered)
    1 banana
    1/4-1/2 cup Yogurt (if you like)