Picky eater

Options
I'm wanting to lose weight. My worst issues are my addiction to sugar and being a semi picky eater. I get bored of eating the exact same food every day, so I'm looking for suggestions on easy meals that I'd be ok eating. Vegetables are a big problem. Fruit not so much, but still limited in how many I like.

Replies

• jsa623
    jsa623 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling I am the exact same way! So hard my down fall is bread.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Don't eat veggies. Eat the couple of fruits that you like.
    Eat whatever pork/ beef/ chicken /eggs/ fish/oatmeal /bread / beans / rice / potatoes that you like as long they are in portion sizes that fit into your daily plan.
  • RayahEllen
    RayahEllen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use skinnytaste.com to find a lot of my recipes. I am not a picky eater, but my husband is, and that website does great at "hiding" veggies in dishes like casseroles and stuff. If you're willing to do things like that, you can find a lot of good recipes online.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Addiction to sugar isn't really a thing, but we tend to like what we are used to. But this also means that our tastebuds adapt to enjoy what we eat. If you want to, you can branch out. Feeling bored with what you are currently eating, is a sign that you are getting ready to branch out. What you will be ok eating, is something you will have to find out. I am not going to suggest particular meals. You can eat anything you want. Find out what's hindering you, and find ways to overcome that. It can be eating new food separately or mixed with foods you are used to. It can be eating them home alone, or out with friends. It can be trying new recipes or tweaking old recipes. It will be stepping out of your comfort zone, but it will not be forcing yourself. Imagine yourself encouraging a child. Do the same with yourself.

To lose weight, though, all you need to do is have a sustained calorie deficit.
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm also a picky eater and love sugar!!! It's a struggle!!!