could use some encouragement and help?

Options
hi, my name is Brandi ! I'm 22 and I sadly weigh 379lbs. truthfully, I don't eat a lot. and I don't eat much. however, I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and adrenarche working against me and that doesn't help with the obesity. I'm tired of being the family member on beach vacations who can't wear cute bikinis, and lo and behold I'm going on a vacation to myrtle beach with the family in July. ... with my long distance boyfriend.

Replies

• rejeanah
    rejeanah Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    add me :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Enlist a personal trainer and a nutritionist. You can do it! I've known others that do have to work at it, but it's possible with the right support and encouragement.

Good luck!
  • cassijamieson
    cassijamieson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track! Building a community of support is the first step but like any chronic disease (yes obesity is a chronic disease if we look at a 1/20 ratio of those who lost weight gaining it back again as a statistic) you need to enlist the help of professionals like Elise said. It requires constant upkeep of your regime and check ins to stay on track.

You can do it! I can guarantee the first 2 months will be the hardest and you will want to quit but if you push through it, I promise it will get easier. Just stay on track and keep yourself accountable. Best of luck!!
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    The first step is wanting to change. MFP is a helpful supportive place. Now that I'm communicating with people, it really helps. Start logging. It's eye opening. Best wishes
  • mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    The first step is wanting to change. MFP is a helpful supportive place. Now that I'm communicating with people, it really helps. Start logging. It's eye opening. Best wishes

I agree 100% with Trish1c! I've only been logging in for four days, but already I can feel a difference in my mindset. I have a great group of MFP friends who motivate me every day to stay active and make positive changes with my health.

Be honest when logging ALL the things you eat (and drink), start with small but healthy changes, and stay positive!
    You can do this!!!