When are your rest days?

Options
I usually work out 5-6 days a week ..with one day of rest...
During the 5-6 days I usually do my elliptical, strength training (with weights, ab workout, arm excercises) and some days Zumba..dont have a set schedule, just do as I can.

What are your rest days? Should I rest more/less? Just trying to see what others do?

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I work out or do cardio 6 days a week with Saturday being my rest day.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Normally mid-week is my rest day although it's sometimes because I'm travelling for work so I can't do a structured workout. Occasionally I feel like the spin I did on Friday evening was really hard and so I rest on Saturday instead of doing a planned workout. If you aren't feeling really sore then you are probably doing OK with just one rest day. If I am really going hard I can need 2 rest days a week.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fixed rest day, I lift weights 5 times a week, and usually do cardio most of those days too, and on the other 2 days I do either just cardio or have a day off. ı will have to force myself to take a day off this week. I work biceps, triceps and calves twice a week, back, shoulders, legs and chest once a week. I do abs whenever I feel like it, about 4 times a week. I can feel when I need a rest day- when I can't put in 100% or feel I've lost some strength, time for a day off.
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    doin the 30 day shred so no rest!
  • Hixena
    Hixena Posts: 24
    Options
    2 days workout then 1 day rest, 2 days workout then 1 day rest and keep going like that. i used to work out everyday but find i get more benefit from how i do it now, feel better, more energetic etc :smile:
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I dont have a rest day either. I take the days off as needed. It works out to about 1 day off every 8-10 days. This seems to work for me...
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days a week... 4 days of strength and 1 day of cardio... 2 rest days. I never work the same muscle group back to back and rest days vary as to which day of the week they fall on or how my body is feeling.

Typical week would be... lower body/abs... back/shoulders.... rest.... bis/tris... cardio ... chest/abs... rest or something to that effect and the muscle groups worked/combination all depends on what I feel like doing that week or how I feel or am in the mood for... I warm up before my strength training by doing about 10 minutes of cardio... enough to get the blood flowing but not too much so my energy is zapped and I have nothing left in the tank for lifting. I stretch after my work out.

So my routine is really "play it by ear" but I have a workout list I go by for each muscle group that I follow so I make sure I'm hitting everything that I want.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wednesday is my rest day as it's my longest day of meetings so I'm usually stuck there till late. I don't do any exercise on my rest day.

Tuesday and Thursday I do just one single workout, but they are my hardest workouts or the ones I want to work hardest at least.

Rest of the week I workout in the morning and again in the evening, workout the day after a weights session is Yoga so I get a good stretch, the day of the weights work out I do a lighter cardio than I do on a main cardio day.