Replies

• Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No, I'm trying to recomp.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    wish I could, lifelong struggle, probably always have to log, ugh but worth it
  • minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful that you all have been able to find what works for you! ;) I myself would like as I said before to wean myself off 6 months or so after I hit my goal. That will all be dependent on weather or not I feel confident in doing so. All that really matters is doing what you feel comfortable with. I'm pretty sure none of us want to go back to putting pounds on lol
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'll use it at times forever. The leaner you are, the more precision you need in reaching your goals.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Took me a year and a half to reach my goal and I have logged in but not always logged food since- at first I continued and was playing with what I needed to maintain and lost a bit more without meaning to. I added a bit more calories and have been maintaining for about 5 months now. For the last month or so I continue to log in and some days I log, some I don't and sometimes I do lazy logging where I'm not weighing everything down to the exact gram but more estimating it. I am weighing weekly and if I get more than 4-5 pounds over my initial goal I am back to logging very accurately for a week. I got up to my highest weight over the course of several years of gaining a little bit each year, and if I'm not careful I will creeping back up there. I did give away all my large clothes a few months ago, which is very scary because I've gained and lost so many times in the past. This time it's different- this time it's a change in how I eat and not a diet. Also I think the key is to not break the exercise habit.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging about a year ago because it driving my wife crazy. I also felt that I knew enough about my food portions and calorie content to wing it. When I slacked off my exercise and increased my beer intake I did put 15 pounds back on but I am getting that worked off with some running. To answer your question, I still check in daily mostly to visit friends and to check on how much weight I lost (WiFi scale that syncs to MFP.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm not going anywhere.
  • minime0424
    Options
    Dramaqueen45

I think that your plans are a great idea and actually the same as mine as well, I plan on getting 5 pounds under my goal so that I have a little playing room when I stop logging to figure out exactly what calories and other nutrients are gonna work for maintaining my goal weight, but I have promised myself to never go over 5 pounds past my goal or I will break out MFP again to help me out.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I left MFP for three years, after losing 80+ lbs. During that time, I only gained back six of those. I mostly came back because I wanted to do one final hellcut from 195 to 150, before I started my current long lean bulk, and this site makes it very easy to make sure my macros are on point.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Though i'm much much more lax with the accuracy of my logging now a year after reaching maintenance, I believe i'll log forever. I personally do it more so that I can feel my best rather than maintain my weight. I workout about 3 hours a day and when I hit my calories and macros I feel healthy, happy and energetic. When I don't track I often under eat just because it can sometimes be hard to realize if i'm eating enough to support my workouts since it's can be quite a large amount of food. Then I'll feel like total trash for eating too little. I also like to maintain a particular level of leanness (other than bulk/cut cycles) and find it easier to maintain this when i'm tracking macros/calories.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    My plan is to log and count calories meticulously for about 6 months and make sure my calories are on point and I know where I maintain. And continue to weigh myself daily. Then, I may not focus on calorie counting as much, but still track all the food I eat and be mindful of portions.

If I gain a bit, hop right back into a deficit for a week or two to get it back in control. As long as MFP is freely available, I see no reason not to. I've learned a lot, but I could easily slip back into overeating or dining out too frequently without keeping myself in check. I've lost about 65 pounds over the past three years. . .I go slowly and take lots of maintenance breaks, so it's a habit at this point anyway. 50ish pounds to go, so I don't have to worry about it for a while :)
  • kschramm7
    kschramm7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for 10 months now (after losing 80 lbs. last year) and I struggle almost every day. I don't trust myself to NOT track or weigh daily. Not sure I ever will.
  • minime0424
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that, you have to do what works for you so that you can maintain your progress!!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    For me I think I'm in mfp lifer. The reason I say that is I've tried diets before and they never work. Mfp has educated me as for how to approach this and the community is my knowledge base.

Logging has become part of my lifestyle. I never want to go back to where I was. I'm a totally different person now
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance going on 3.5 years and haven't logged in that time save for the first month or so. It's pretty easy when you actually make a true lifestyle adjustment. I'm all about good livin'...eating well for the most part and regular exercise...the rest takes care of itself. This was a nice little tool to learn from but that's all it was for me...the notion that I would log and keep a food diary for the next 40-50 years always seemed a bit ludicrous.

I'm still here, but I don't log...I'm here mostly for entertainment value at this point.
  • MudRunChica
    MudRunChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd always log, but after obsessively logging for 4 years, I decided to fly solo. Maintained for over a year with no issues, and have run some bulk/recomp cycles. I'm on MFP right now because there's a biggest loser challenge at work and I'm super competitive. I don't really have much that I can lose (less than 10 lbs...I'm already a very muscular size 2!) but if I do want to lose anything, I need to log meticulously. Once the competition is over, however, I will resume not logging.
  • minime0424
    Options
    Congrats!! I hope you are able to win the competition!!
  • MudRunChica
    MudRunChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    minime0424 wrote: »
    Congrats!! I hope you are able to win the competition!!

Thank you! 10 lbs would be 7% of my body weight. Not sure if that's enough to win, but I also have a beach vacation in November, so added incentive!