Does cutting work

Options
I'm curious because I'm on the 4th day of my first ever cut. I'm going with a 500 calorie deficit for 12 weeks.

I just wanted to ask, have you tried it? Does it work as long as you keep yourself under the limit? I'm also doing Gym & Crossfit 4 days a week, but i don't know if it helps.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    ??? Do you mean do you lose weight (fat) by eating less calories than you burn? Yes, of course, it is the only way to lose weight.

hitting the gym and cross fit will help ensure that the majority of the weight you lose comes from fat, and less from lean muscle. Also ensure you are getting adequate protein to help retain muscle.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    A calorie deficit is simple math, and the key is finding your own "zone" of accurate calorie intake vs energy burn.
    And YES...this works when your calorie estimates are close.
    :)
    I had to tweak my numbers to find what eventually translated into effective, steady and lasting results.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Cut up some carrots, then eat them
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Do you mean that you are in a calorie deficit of 500 calories to loose weight? And you plan to exercise? Yeah it works.

But, "cutting" means something a little different to me. There is much more adherence to nutrition and protein needs, eat as small of a deficit I can to loose weight fat and keep my muscles that I built..
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Does it work for what? It won't do your algebra homework for you.

As for losing weight, a calorie deficit i.e. Cutting works for everyone.
  • vesh17
    vesh17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do cuts regularly, and they deff work. Just make sure you get your protein so you can still maintain muscle. I'm doing a cut right now again. Right now I'm trying to get back to 6'0 175ish. Cause I like how I look best. I'm 179 ish last time I checked.

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    no last time I cut class I failed the test it was horrible