Losing Weight... In College

Options
Hey everyone, I'm Tiffany. I've been struggling with my weight since I was quite young, but now that I'm an adult and more able to take control over what I eat, I've decided to change that. I've tried losing weight a few times, without much success, but this time I plan on sticking to it until I reach my goal. I'm really glad I found this site, from what I've seen it's a great group of people going through the same thing, and very supportive. :) I'm glad to be a part of the community.
I'm also going to be starting college this fall, quite excited about it. Let's see if I can not only avoid the "freshman 15", but also lose weight. :D

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    good luck. I actually dropped 15 pounds without trying when I started college. hahah =] freshmen 15-- not so much!
  • thinktifferent
    Options
    Haha awesome. :D That gives me hope. Thanks!
  • JTN005
    JTN005 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have the same goal! I'll be attending college this fall. I hope that not having my parents make dinner and food choices for me and instead making them myself will allow me to eat healthier! I'm sure we can try the same things :)
  • thinktifferent
    Options
    Ah it's great to see someone with the same goal. :D I have the same sort of logic, hopefully it'll work! I'm pretty determined about it.
    We should definitely try some of the same things. :)
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :)

If you are looking for support feel free to add me. I'm a uni student so i know the difficulty in fitting exercise into an already busy schedule and trying to eat healthier when everyone around you is eating fast food. Don't worry once you get into it, your journey will become easier!
  • annagracem
    annagracem Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also in college, it can be difficult at times with your friends but at the same time there are so many opportunities and things to take advantage of at most colleges. I love using the workout facilities and cheap exercise classes at my university! Good luck, you have a great new environment to make new changes in!
  • thinktifferent
    Options
    Thanks. :) My roomie also wants to try to be healthier/lose weight, so that will help a lot. And I'll definitely be taking advantage of the gym. :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! Are you living in the dorms? It was hard for me to maintain my weight and exercised when I lived in the dorms. You get unlimited food AND can take the shuttle to campus instead of walk. I gained the freshman 30 instead of the 15. Just be motivated and you can do it!!!
  • thinktifferent
    Options
    Thanks! I will be living in the dorms. I'm planning on walking as much as I can, and making use of the gym on campus. The hardest part is going to be making healthy food decisions, but I think I can do it, with the help of my friend and the awesome people on here. :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Thanks! I will be living in the dorms. I'm planning on walking as much as I can, and making use of the gym on campus. The hardest part is going to be making healthy food decisions, but I think I can do it, with the help of my friend and the awesome people on here. :)

My gym was one the FIRST floor on my dorm and I only worked out once that tear. Plus I could have gone to the fieldhouse (huge gym on campus) but I never did. lol
  • thinktifferent
    Options
    From what my friend has told me, the gym is a little far away, and I'm not going to have a car. So if I don't actually make it to the gym to work out, I'll definitely be walking to classes/anywhere else I need to go. Plus I'm trying to get into the habit of going for a walk early in the morning for the rest of this summer before I actually go there. :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    very nice planning strategy. If u need any help or motivation u can add me. :)
  • thinktifferent
    Options
    Thanks, I'll definitely do that. :)
  • VictoriaM5858
    VictoriaM5858 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to lose weight before I go to college too. I'm going to school in New York City so I'm going to need to look my best, as shallow as that sounds... Lol.