This F1 season - are you fuming too?

Options
I've been following F1 since 1974 ... 37 years ... seen a lot of brilliant racers in that time ... some epic battles ... wheel to wheel, untimely engine failures, impossible overtaking manouvers, tyre blow outs,cheered myself hoarse at awesome driving and pulled my hair out at mobile chicanes and blatant cheating ... too many controversies and incidents to count. :happy:

But this year .... I'm fuming :mad:

Senna, Prost, Schumacher and co, even at their dominant brilliant best have never had the kind of impact on a season that Sebastian Vettel is having. He makes me want to snap that bent little finger of his off. I am sick to death of seeing his digit waving at me through my TV screen. (Button made a similar remark when interviewed recently - though he stands in closer proximity to him than I do). I nearly went into orbit when Button won the Canadian and loved every second of Vettels attempts to cover up his blinding mistake!! I was euphoric!!! I thought that we might have a season on at last :happy:

Didn't last long did it!! :explode:

Nobody is that lucky. Nobody is that good. No car has ever been that reliable. Webber has apparently got exactly the same machine but looks like he's racing in a Williams by comparison.

Anybody else fuming or is it just me ... mutter ... mutter .... mutter :grumble:

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I only follow the Piston Cup series. But F1 sounds fun.
  • jonquil124
    Options
    I'm fuming too! The other drivers should take it in turns to take him out at the beginning of each race!
  • Zozi
    Zozi Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm with you! makes me want to turn it off!
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't agree. You have to respect him for what he's achieved so early on in the season. His tyre strategies are consistently better than other teams, and even better than Webber's. He can analyse a whole race before it's even begun. While it might not make for the most exciting season, it's certainly amazing.

Though I do recognise- the era of Prost, Senna and Schumacher, even back to Berger was much more edge-of-your-seat stuff!
  • Greigyy
    Greigyy Posts: 3
    Options
    This season has been good for action so far, Canada is favourite so far but the exception was Valencia that was boring,as for Vettle I am a bit sick of him winning but you have to admit he's just too good at the moment.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't follow F1 - Since my city lost the USGP :sad: