Trick for Treats

Options
2»

Replies

• jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Strawberry romanov - vodka based. I'm sure the strawberries were healthy once, as were the grains/potatoes. ;)
  • sky_northern
    sky_northern Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream. I count it as healthy because I don't eat tones of dairy so I can always use an extra serving :)
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Grilled nectarine or plum, sprinkled with blue cheese and drizzled with honey.

Granny Smith apple cored and baked with a little brown sugar, walnut, and oat mixture stuffed inside. I'd toss a little butter in there as well.

I like to eat a big bowl of berries with a little spray of Redi-Whip canned whipped cream. Maybe a spoon or two of chocolate pudding and a crumbled Nilla wafer or other crunchy cookie on top would work if you're into that sorta thing?

I'm not a big sweets person, so I don't know if this is helpful at all. :p
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb wrap (50 cal) with one serving of PB2 (45 cal) and one serving of PB2 chocolate (45 calories). It's very crepe-like and so delicious!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Look up Hubert Keller's recipe for chocolate whipped cream - he uses it to fill a chocolate stout cake.

Yes, the cake with filling is amazing. However, I found myself taking a bit of the whipped cream (you make a lot more than fills the cake), and being more than happy with that. The calories aren't even that bad for the volume since there's so much air in whipped cream.

My other pick would be tarte tatin or bananas foster*. Lots more calories there, but fruit! :lol:

*You can cook bananas in a bit of either honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar and butter for a much lower cal version of bananas foster. I find it really yummy, but I also want ice cream with it, so ...
  • ValorVixenCB
    ValorVixenCB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I second the grilled fruit idea. Also I love chia pudding made with coconut milk (add cocoa powder for chocolate version) - not necessarily low-cal but definitely healthy and decadent. Use almond or skim milk for a lower calorie version. A dark-chocolate covered strawberry is pretty healthy/decadent!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    None of the "healthy" concoctions does it for me to be honest. Once you start trying to lower the calories of something or make it healthier and slap a "diet" label on it, it loses its appeal for me. In most cases I don't find that 100 or 200 calorie reduction (if that) worth the taste compromise. Unless something is already originally relatively low calorie (chocolate covered strawberries, meringues, poached pear...etc) in most cases I don't go for lower calorie versions.

The other day I decided to try this banana avocado chocolate mousse thing. Ended up wasting 700 calories on something that was good but not as rewarding as the real thing. I will sometimes do lower calorie things like half strawberry tea with half 1.5% milk and a sweetener to resemble strawberry milk, but it does not replace real strawberry milk for me. I do it just because I want something tasty and this fits the bill when I don't have the calories. When I want strawberry milk specifically, that's what I'll have. Learned the hard way that battle was futile for me.

My post above was just a poke at "healthy", as defined by marketing. With clever wording even pixie sticks can be called "healthy", zucchini bread is healthy because it has vegetables and cinnamon is a superfood, which means cinnamon rolls are too. Dark chocolate mousse cake does hold a pretty high rank on top of my absolute favorite desserts list though.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    Dark-chocolate-dipped ultra-ripe fresh strawberry. Greek yogurt with chocolate PB2 mixed with frozen sweet cherries. Various fruits (mango, papaya, mamey sapote, apricots, sweet cherries, . . .) all by themselves, at perfect ripeness, at room temperature. Oh MI chocolates (made with coconut oil - they have to be refrigerated because they melt at body temperature -ohmiorganics.com/ - expensive & worth every single penny).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Chia/avocado mousse.

One of my favourites is choc/protein pudding.

300g plain or vanilla yogurt
    50g chocolate/peanut butter protein powder
    15g chia seeds

It's thick and very filling. Top with cottage cheese or whipped cream, and raspberries.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    None of the "healthy" concoctions does it for me to be honest. Once you start trying to lower the calories of something or make it healthier and slap a "diet" label on it, it loses its appeal for me. In most cases I don't find that 100 or 200 calorie reduction (if that) worth the taste compromise. Unless something is already originally relatively low calorie (chocolate covered strawberries, meringues, poached pear...etc) in most cases I don't go for lower calorie versions.

The other day I decided to try this banana avocado chocolate mousse thing. Ended up wasting 700 calories on something that was good but not as rewarding as the real thing. I will sometimes do lower calorie things like half strawberry tea with half 1.5% milk and a sweetener to resemble strawberry milk, but it does not replace real strawberry milk for me. I do it just because I want something tasty and this fits the bill when I don't have the calories. When I want strawberry milk specifically, that's what I'll have. Learned the hard way that battle was futile for me.

My post above was just a poke at "healthy", as defined by marketing. With clever wording even pixie sticks can be called "healthy", zucchini bread is healthy because it has vegetables and cinnamon is a superfood, which means cinnamon rolls are too. Dark chocolate mousse cake does hold a pretty high rank on top of my absolute favorite desserts list though.

Every time I track a dry Martini in my diary (own recipe) It tells me this (low in sat fat? better have two):
    xi43sczilnoa.jpg

As for dessert I tend to have mascapone, with raspberries and golden syrup, but I like all those things so 'healthy' is subjective, it's not too sugary and has calcium. I'm with @amusedmonkey if I want it I have it and make it fit. I hate sweeteners, don't like sorbet, so no point wasting my time with them.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Lindt Orange Excellence
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I don't have a sweet tooth so don't really eat desserts. Fruit and the odd health bar with yogurt keeps me satisfied.