Keto diet attempt #5000

Options
:| hi, everyone! ive tried so many diets so many times and i do well in the first two weeks but always fail after that. anyone else here who used to be a yoyo dieter and now have stuck woth it and met goals? or anyone who is also struggling to stick to diet and fitness :)

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I think the secret is to not keep doing the same thing you did the other 4999 times.

For example, if you can't stick to keto - don't do it. No reason you need to. If you can't manage more than 2 weeks, it's clearly not a good fit for you.

I lost 130+ lb so far eating the same things I always ate, just planning my days in advance to meet my calorie goals and weighing my portions to ensure accuracy.

^This! Keto works great for some people, but it's not necessary to lose weight. So if you can't stick with it for more than two weeks, it's obviously not right for you. All you need is a calorie deficit - plug your stats into MFP, log your food and hit your calorie goal.
  • keexa92
    keexa92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think the secret is to not keep doing the same thing you did the other 4999 times.

For example, if you can't stick to keto - don't do it. No reason you need to. If you can't manage more than 2 weeks, it's clearly not a good fit for you.

I lost 130+ lb so far eating the same things I always ate, just planning my days in advance to meet my calorie goals and weighing my portions to ensure accuracy.

you are absolutely right! i will give it one more try then ill have to switch to other things. thanks so much!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Exactly. Step one - don't make it miserable and you might just succeed. Since there is nothing special about keto, not sure why the insistence on trying it "5000" times.

What's the definition of insanity, again?