Food that makes you hungrier

Options
What food do you eat that makes you hungrier? Fries, the more I eat the more i want

Replies

• AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti. It's hard for me to stick to a serving.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I avoid foods that just make me more hungry/crave more than my calorie expenditure can sustain. These foods are special occasion foods: Chocolate, candy, chips, cake, pastries, cookies, ice cream, french fries, jam. There's still plenty to eat to enjoy food, life and eating, though :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to stop eating when I've had something like chips or candy. It kind of starts a spiral...where I'll go from having a few pieces to having the whole bag. That's why I really try hard to limit my consumption of those ones...I guess they are what is called a 'trigger food' for me.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    This depends more on my body that day and time than any particular food. If I am feeling bloated or exhausted, no food will be all that appealing, regardless of how little I may have ate that day. But if it is what my body has designated a EAT ALL THE FOODS day, then ugh, anything wants to make me run off the rails.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    None for me.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I don't have any.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    No foods make me hungrier. If I eat fries (well, good fries) I will have a hard time stopping before they are gone (either the serving on my plate or if I am foolish enough to share a larger serving with the table), but not because I get more hungry. I sure won't end the meal hungry. (Under this definition, hardest things for me to stop eating are good tortilla chips on the table plus guac or hot salsa or naan if I have a curry to dip it in, especially. The commonality here is eating from a large group serving on the table vs. having one reasonably sized individual serving only.)

I sometimes wonder if people are conflating a desire to eat because something tastes good and actual hunger.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder if people are conflating a desire to eat because something tastes good and actual hunger.

For me, "not making me feel fuller and make me crave more", is practically close enough to justify calling it "make me more hungry", whether it's technically correct or not.

Tasting good may or may not be a clue here. Some foods are highly craved even though they don't taste particularly good.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Sweet and starchy foods.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    There is no food the makes me actually hungrier...there are just foods that I tend to have a hard time stopping once I start...but it has nothing to do with hunger...I will eat them until I'm so full I could puke. Pizza is often one of those foods...sometimes I can get away with going out and having a couple of slices...but often I'm just like eff it...give me the friggin' pie and leave me alone...I always regret it a little because I can eat until I'm basically sick...but it's oh so delicious.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

For me, "not making me feel fuller and make me crave more", is practically close enough to justify calling it "make me more hungry", whether it's technically correct or not.

Tasting good may or may not be a clue here. Some foods are highly craved even though they don't taste particularly good.

I've honestly never craved something I don't think tastes good. (I understand "crave" as a strong desire to eat something.)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Weirdly, baby carrots.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Apples and "light" yogurt. If I want yogurt I need the regular kind like yoplait or dannon original otherwise I'm totally starving after I eat it. It must be the artificial sugars they add to "light" yogurt.
    Same goes with apples. I have no idea why. You'd think they'd fill me up, but nope!
  • kommodevaran
    Options

I've honestly never craved something I don't think tastes good. (I understand "crave" as a strong desire to eat something.)

Lucky you :)
    Craving is (to me) not a welcome desire; strong, yes, impossible to ignore, yes, welcome, no.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Really salty or sour foods.
    I will want to eat more or I will want to eat something sweet.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Pizza, I feel like I don't have an off switch when eating it.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Really salty or sour foods.
    I will want to eat more or I will want to eat something sweet.

Ahh, I feel ya on this one too! When I do feed the crazy food monster, I have to hit the salty, sour, and sweet categories or else I will keep searching for it. So sour patch kids, chocolate, and chips in one go = monster satisfied but gross feeling inside.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Apples and vegetables. I can eat a huge salad or an apple and 20 minutes later I'll feel like I haven't eaten all day.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    nothing makes me hungrier if im shoving it in to capacity haha... buuuut oatmeal and if i have protein without fat.