Pre workout supplement

Options
What's the best pre workout supplement you have tried. Was it effective? how was the taste? I have tried a couple c4 blue razz was the best of the 2 I have tried.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    water and food
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yep, water and food. If you really think you need a boast, take a caffeine pill. However, before the pill, figure out the root cause why you're tired and fix that.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on putting anything in your mouth but food! (And water) It's all advertising and it's a multi-billion pound industry, based on the fact that there's one born every minute!
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Yep, water and food. If you really think you need a boast, take a caffeine pill. However, before the pill, figure out the root cause why you're tired and fix that.

Keep in mind that the caffeine pill will most likely up your heart rate, you may want to avoid this if you are opting for a very intense workout.

Best thing that works for best for me as a pre workout "supplement" especially during my long runs is a banana with a teaspoon of nut butter. :smile:
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »

Keep in mind that the caffeine pill will most likely up your heart rate, you may want to avoid this if you are opting for a very intense workout.

Best thing that works for best for me as a pre workout "supplement" especially during my long runs is a banana with a teaspoon of nut butter. :smile:

Agree 100% about the caffeine. Imo best to avoid, but some people "have to" have it.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Dinner. Not to close to workout time.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple on the way to the gym...

Most people don't actually need a pre-workout...it's just marketing. The only people I know who really benefit from them are people who are basically training for their livelihood and having to spend hours training daily. I don't really know anyone who needs these to go push and pull some iron for an hour if you're otherwise feeding yourself properly.
  • Jaramdel
    Jaramdel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am going to try Beet Elite, says its contains Nitric Oxide. I am going to try it prior to an exercise session.